Uber Dub wants to have dinner....

by outsmartthesystem 51 Replies latest jw friends

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

OK. The good news is that my wife has eased up on the whole "talking it out with the elders" thing. She now insists that she is doing her"own independent research with unbiased materials" on some subjects. Unbiased? I guess we'll see.

But the real reason for this post is that we (my family) have been invited to have dinner with the congregation's uber uber uber dub. You know this guy. He gets to the KH 60 minutes before the meeting starts and is the last one to leave. Hand goes up on every single paragraph. Comments at least 5 times per meeting. Gives bombastic, sweaty...preacher type talks. Sways back and forth to the melody of the songs at the KH. Sings at ear splitting decibel level. Etc

So about a month and a half ago....he calls me cell. I don't answer. He leaves what I would describe as an offensive message. He noticed that he hadn't seen me at the KH for months. He noticed that over the years my "level of spirituality was in a downward spiral". He wonders "if anyone has offended me". He hopes that has not offended me. He asks flat out if I am mad at Jehovah. Then he says...."I just want to help you in any way that I can. I just wonder what's gone so wrong.....you know....in your head"...... In other words....I am clearly possessed or crazy or perhaps both

So this nutcase wants us to come over for dinner. My wife thinks he "means well". And he "has a good heart". I don't think I can. One of two things will happen. 1) He will want to talk about the lovely spiritual paradise witnesses have.....and that the end is near....etc. I will have to just nod and smile or 2) He will truly engage me in a discussion of "what's wrong with me". This one will not end well.

Would any of you try to humor your wife and "take one for the team"? Or would you just refuse to go?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I hope you trust me on this and outright refuse.

Who the f*** does he think he is inviting himself over for dinner? Oh god, I can't stand JW's.

Whatever you do, don't do it. You need to cut all that negative bullshit out of your life once and for all. Trust the monkey.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wouldn't go either. There must be some other way to humor your wife.

• james_woods
    james_woods

^^^ + 1000 to what Shamus said.

The cell phone voice message should tell you all you need to know about this meddling tool.

• Ding
    Ding

I would recommend turning him down unless this is a make it or break it issue for your marriage.

Does your wife think this uber dub is a great example for you or does even she roll her eyes at his excessive devotion to the borg?

• watson
    watson

Just so you know, outsmart, if it comes up again with uber doober, it will go better with you if you are "mad at Jehovah" than if you are mad at the Org.

• shamus100
    shamus100

If it's a make or break it with your wife, I think your marriage is already over.

Go to a baseball game or something - ANYTHING! Work late, take the cat to the vet, wash your car, throw expired baloney at a kingdum hall...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I couldn't do it!!!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Go and tell him the truth about the truth. Guaranteed you won't get anymore calls or invites. Remember, it takes two witnesses for judicial action.

SIAM

• designs
    designs

Geeez I don't even get the Dinner Invites anymore, I hear through the grapevine that they say Hi and would like to get together but the invites never show up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit