Uber Dub wants to have dinner....

by outsmartthesystem 51 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Everything to lose, and absolute nothing can be gained.

Trust the monkey!

• clarity
    clarity

Pack a suitcase for you & your wife and ... get out of town.

You could say you had planned it earlier, but just hadn't decide on the date.

• mrquik
    mrquik

The monkey is wise & all-knowing. Trust the monkey.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Sounds like this guy's sense of entitlement is only rivaled by his pretentiousness. No way in hell I'd go.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

outsmartthesystem:

Since you are the man and are the "head of the house" you should not do anything you do not want to do....OR have anybody inflicted on you that you do not want. I cannot imagine anybody that I know of (both JW and non-JW) who would subject themselves to the presence of a person like you described.

I know I would not subject myself to this bullshit and certainly would not go. If my spouse invited somebody like this over to MY house without my permission, I would be mad as hell and I would make sure I went out to see a movie or drive around aimlessly. So, let there be a fight afterwards.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Too bad that your wife is still brain-washed....

I see so much potential in this situation, otherwise!!

Come to think of it...

Here's a suggestion - and it may be a really BAD idea, so think about it before you take this advice...

If I were in your shoes, I'd tell Uber-Stupid that I'd LOVE to have him over for dinner, as there's this co-worker/neighbor/mailman that you have daily contact with, who is asking questions about 607 B.C./1914 and Christ's "invisible" presence/blood transfusions-organ transplants/whatever subject you know well, that would cause major problems for Uber-Stupid to explain away the Watchtower Corporation's stance upon said issue/bible teaching...

Or better still, find someone among your "worldly" acquaintances who would be a worthy adversary for Uber-Stupid [a knowledgable geologist or someone well-versed in the basis for evolution might be helpful; or perhaps a bible scholar from a local mainstream religion??...] and invite THEM over to dinner on the same night.

Do NOT tell your wife about the extra guests until about an hour or so before dinner... That will keep her too busy preparing for extra guests, to do any backup meddling in support of Uber-Stupid...

Consider my suggestion carefully and if you think it will work for you, give it a try...

And have FUN with it!!

Zid the She-Devil...

• shamus100
    shamus100

You should check in the yellow pages under rentals and see if anyone rents monkeys.

Let one loose in his house while he is having a wonderful dinner at your house and you enjoy a fine "spiritual blaming banquet".

Pick up said monkey when dinner is over.

Always trust the monkey. At all times.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Funny thread..

3 posters Misread the OP..

Yes...I`ve done the same myself..LOL!!..

Don`t go over for Dinner..Politely decline..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!..

My mistake..Page 2 shows more misreads..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

OK - I'm probably in the minority here - only you know how much you really do or do not want to go to this guy's place for dinner.

When we were fading, we still got invites from some of the 'uber' dubs, but these seemed to be the only ones who truly cared about us. I know that doesn't say much for the rest of our 'acquaintances' from the hall; out of sight, out of mind. But, because we really enjoyed being with the ones who had invited us and loved them for who they were, witness or not, we could put up with their probing questions as to why we were lagging in attendance, not doing the weekly service thingy, etc. These people really were trying to help us (in their own way!) and at least putting their money where their mouth was. We were circumspect in our answers, not raising too bright a flag but all the while hoping to plant minute seeds that might germinate sometime further down the road. Of course, in time, the invites died out...

Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

Edited to add: I just reread you OP and it doesn't sound like he is one of your favourites...left an offensive message; sorry, probably better not to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit