How long did Conventions used to be?

by donuthole 78 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I believe they also released that novel known as the "Your Will" book which is a monumental tome to the insanity of Freddie Franz and how to make the insane drivel of the Biblical idiot "Daniel" even more insane with the Biblical drivel/interpretations/which/have/all/failed of the even-more-than-Daniel insane moron know fondly as the collected works of Freddie Franz.

Farkel your being overtly articulate again.

Franz's position within the organization was to create bullshit as the chief writing editor of the WTS.,

1975 was one of his deviously created corrupt lies which turned out to be a bang on success for the Watchtower Corporation.

The WTS. was developed out of creating marketable commercially appealing bullshit from the bullshit of the ancients, an

interesting and perhaps ironic fact.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Holy Cow , 8 Freaking Days! And I thought 3 days were bad!

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

LOL Designs...in a weird way, the Rose Bowl was actually an adventure!

Wasanelder, I was at Candlestick as well...and being a horny 15 year old, spent the bulk of the assembly lusting after young sisters hoping the chilly San Francisco breeze would get me a glance of leg from a sudden blast of cold wind. That was the only way I could distract myself from the misery of the blazing heat and freezing shadows of that lovely stadium.

• designs
    designs

right there with ya- Cold weather and sweaters on Sisters....there is a Heaven

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

You said it much more diplomatically than I would have...was trying to figure out how to say that without violating the posting rules!

• wobble
    wobble

I did the 8 day ones, torture.

I remember in 1963, when I was thirteen , snogging with Janet "Hot LIps" S........... up in the stands in the late evening, she was about the same age, the rest of the Convention was crap.

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but someone must have pointed out that they always were too long, and that even today, a one day one is one day too long.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Be thankful you didn't have to sit through one of those miserable events.

8 days of sitting on your ass trying not to fall asleep.

I used to have binoculars which I could peer over the audience and watch for people asleep.

Not fun for kids at all.

• blondie
    blondie

I was at the Rose Bowl in September 1963. Billy Graham was having nightly conventions at the same time. It was godawful hot during the day and cooooooooold in the evening. Field service ams, sessions afternoons and evenings.

There was a time there were 3 circuit assemblies a year, dropped to 2 starting with Friday evening sessions, Saturdays and Sundays. They finally dropped Fridays, and eventually to 1 2-day circuit assembly and 1 1-day special assembly day.

• wobble
    wobble

I am sure you are right Blondie, but the strange thing is, I don't remember the 3 CA's a year, when did they drop to two ? I was born in in Feb. 1950, so it could be I have just erased the horror of three CA's or did they drop them before I was born ?

I remember always feeling very down after any Assembly, and they were supposed to give you a lift !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

How about some British memories?

1963 "Everlasting Good News " Convention...8 days at Twickenham Rugby Stadium . As a young lad I slept in a big marquee tent in the stadium grounds along with a load of other Bro's whom I did not know. The camp bed collapsed after night 3 and I was on the ground. The Assembly food was awful but later on when they took it away we complained and missed it!

1969 "Peace On Earth " Assembly (we are still waiting for that BTW) Thais time it was Wembley Stadium for 8 days. I stayed in "digs" ie we went to a private person's house who had offered bed and maybe breakfast for a modest fee. My biggest recollection was a torrential downpour on (I think) day one. The thing about U K Assemblies was that you never knew whether to expect cold wet weather or hot sunburn weather.

I cannot recall a thing that was said but I guess I enjoyed them at the time ..overall counting both good and bad. They used to go on until perhaps 9 pm and then people would go home (perhaps 2 or 3 hour ride ) and still come back early for the next day, and the next - ad infinitum

Boy ! we were gluttons for punishment.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit