Heavenly Gates Closed in 1935… Re-opened in 2007

by Alfred 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I was reading another thread about the kingdom and the kings. I looked up all the scriptures that mention christians being Kings in corithians, timothy and revelations chapter 5:10 in the Greek interlinear, No where does it say KINGS just the word REIGN. What the word Reign means in the bible and how it pertains to christains may be best explained in chapter 5 of Romans.

Just my opinion but the JW's will never change their teachings about the 144K, its their power base and how they keep themselves over everyone else. this teaching is more important to them then just about anything else except maybe that the ORG is Gods chosen religion.

• designs
    designs

Crazy- With the GB taking all the power away from anyone claiming to be anointed didn't they checkmate the problem makers.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is so much corrupt commercialized bogus doctrines created by the WTS. heads to attract people into their own organization,

as well attract attention to their published literature they sometimes run over previously set doctrines and take little notice of it .

But thats part of coercive tactic this publishing cult uses to lure people into it.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Great post, Alfred. I view the 1935 abandonment as a significant doctinal shift on par with the "1914 generation" change. In both cases (1914 generation and 1935 generation) you had a doctrine-imposed end date to the Society's doomsday prophecies, and in both cases, the end was approaching fast. After dropping the 1914 generation teaching in 1995, they still had the "other generation" hanging over their heads. 12 years later they got out of that one too, albeit with much less fanfare.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Designs, thats what helped me to wake up, In was researching the subject Anointed and found a WT where they stated that an Anointed one was no more knowledgeable then a older one or a elder. I was thinking 'What the hell all these years we were told the anointed were given extra knowledge even the bible says so, and thats what made our religion special" Hopefully more will wake up after this new power grab by the 8 Popes. Ones must be thinking 'whats the piont of having a remnant on earth if they dont mean anything?"

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Good point, DATA-DOG. I didn't meant I imply that all partakers are mentally unbalanced, just that I suspected an increasing percentage of them are. The purpose of the two points I listed was to try to explain why the number might be going up. No doubt, as you say, there are some who have dwelled on what the Bible says and come to their own conclusion that they should be partaking because of their personal feelings and interpretation of scripture. But is there a reason why those partakers would be increasing in number?

Crazyguy: Your point is a good one, as far as how we used to look up to the anointed ones as having a special status, and now it seems that the pebble in their hand is worthless. But I think the Society can argue that they aren't meant to do anything special while on earth, only once in heaven. When I was a believer, I tended to view the anointed as ones who were simply marked as extra-dedicated servants of God. The anointed brother in my congregation does not seem to have any special insights, but he does have a distinguished history of service as a Witness.

So I guess it could simply be argued that they are awaiting the time when they are rewarded in heaven with a crown for their faithful service, and until then they're just like us, except they "feel anointed" somehow. Since I never saw an anointed one with any real extra power in the congregation anyway, I don't think this is a big adjustment for most JWs.

• garyneal
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Apognophos; you do realize that the jw teaching of the 144k are the anointed and only the anointed is wrong?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, I do. Even when I was a believer, I thought that Rev. 14 sounded pretty symbolic all around.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Old light: All anointed = FDS class represented by the GB who make decisions based on the direction of God's spirit. The spirit that will lead Christians to truth, according to Christ. According to the WT article mentioned by Crazyguy, the GB were already claiming to have "more" Holy Spirit than the rest of the "class", even though they said such a thing was impossible and contradicted God's word. They also taught that they were directed by Holy Spirit in some nebulous and undefined way. This leading evidently allowed huge errors to be made within Bethel and all the way down to the individual congregations. Still, the Governing Body "knew" more than the rest of the anointed class. Evidently, so did Elder window washer/wife spanker and Elder Moe Lester.

Nu-light: Only the GB can interpret scipture as the mythical FDS when they combine their individual powers, like Voltron. There is still no " hole above the GB's desk", so they are directed in some nebulous undefined way by Holy Spirit. This spirit directs them in a fallible way and compells them to " love this idea!"

The reason that nobody ever saw an anointed one with any power is because ALL JW's were born into a system of creature worship. Even though he was a nutter on many levels, CTR was anti-organization. I often wonder when the Organization began to take focus. Perhaps Rutherford and others had begun gradually planning their take-over while CTR traveled the globe, speaking of pyramids. I highly doubt that CTR died and without any forethought Rutherford valiantly stepped up to the plate. I imagine that he spent years planning his take-over.

When Rutherford took over, any " anointed " Bible Students that knew the wrongness of Rutherford's plan left. So from it's inception, the modern day Organization was built upon the false premise of God having a corporation. How could it go anywhere but down from there?! One of the most telling signs of Rutherford's non-inspiration was the unauthorized closing of the heavenly door, which according to the Bible, is Jesus domain, and ONLY he makes that call. Sadly, people love to see a Golden Calf.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit