Heavenly Gates Closed in 1935… Re-opened in 2007

by Alfred 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

(This was the one I meant to post ... would be cool for this to be updated since it has continued to rise each year.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skppA3KzWbk&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

As mentioned in this thread [and others] many JWs don't even take note of some these changes (or, they prefer the old teachings to the new). To prove this, listen to this true account. This past Thursday evening, during the sister's talks, a sister - who grew up in the so-called truth and is now in her 50s - gave the old explanation to "the generation" teaching, during her talk. She said, "The generation of 1914 that witnessed those events will not die before the end comes." I sat there in amazement.

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

This religion is so full of changes, it should be call, "the Revisionists", as opposed to " the [so-called] Truth". Really though. If all these revisions (i.e. 1935 cut-off date done away with) to their teachings don't wake up JWs, they are not thinking about what this really means. And, that is, that this religion isn't guided by God's Holy Spirit, it's directed and led by "imperfect" men and the religion's claim that it's lead by Holy Spirit is a sham! The proof (as they say), is IN THE PUDDING (aka their literature).

As has always been the case, newer JWs aren't typically pointed to all of these revisions, leading them to believe that the latest explanation is a long-held teaching of JWs. (btw: I remember when some changes were made and revealed in Watchtower Studies on Sunday [during the 80s] and the only way I would know it was a change is that someone would comment about the previous understanding. So many times, the WTS wasn't clear [to us newbies] that this was a new explanation! I think they did this on purpose, so as to not draw too much attention to [yet] another change!)

Peace.

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Kinda reminds me of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory... :-)

• james_woods
    james_woods
    wt wizard... they themselves purposely increased the number of partakers so they could divert attention from the governing body having only 2 members born before 1935...

Actually, the oldest two members were born IN 1935 - which means that they could not have been baptized (by witness conventional rules) before about 1950 (could not have been annointed before being baptized, right?) and therefore certainly do not meet the annointed before the first part of the 1930s.

And certainly - neither do any of the five younger GB members, either.

• factfinder
    factfinder

@Joepublisher1- wow- didn't the school overseer comment on that sisters generation statement? I guess most publishers just go along with whatever is said.

james_woods-

really then, none of the new gb members are really annointed and none qualify to be on the gb.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    james_woods-
    really then, none of the new gb members are really annointed and none qualify to be on the gb.

Without a doubt. To make it really ridiculous, the GB members must have all started partaking well before the 2007 change in the heveanly gates rules, (but well after the 1930s cutoff), so by the applicable watchtower rules of the time they decided to partake, they were bogus partakers.

Really, the more you think about this arbitrary (and completely non-bliblical) time limit of 1935 and the "literal" 144,000 the more silly it becomes.

For example - WHY only 144,000??? There could not be - say, 144,015 - truly righteous christians down through history that deserve the heavenly reward?

For another serious fault - WHY did every christian from Jesus day up to 1935 get to be annointed, and then suddenly NOBODY got to be annointed? The time of their lives seems to be more important than who or what they were in being annointed back in the old days...

Besides the fact that neither of these two obscure references in Revelation make the slightest hint that these are the only christians to go to heaven. (Or, even sillier, that they are the only ones in the New Covenant or the only ones who can partake) One obvious testimony to that is that nobody up to the 1930s witnesses ever had that doctrinal notion, and now the witnesses themselves are in the process of changing their tune on it.

None of it makes any sense if you truly analyze it.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Joepublisher1 said,j

This religion... should be call, "the Revisionists".

Yes. Jehovah's Whitewashers.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Very confusing. When I was young, I thought the anointed were special, more faithful with more years in the org than the great crowd losers. Few regular Witnesses knew anyone who was remnant b/c they were older and ill or dead. It doesn't even sound as though it is much of a criteria for GB membership. Do they believe that Jehovah reveals himself to the anointed in some interior fashion?

Since the remnant have nothing to do with anything, why have a remnant anyway? I always found the remnant, in general, very spooky. Certainly, cultural expectations on mainstream Christianity is that you go to heaven. Scholars say heaven is so far from Jewish belief concerning life after death.

Revelation is a beautiful book once it is stripped of the mumbo jumbo creepy stuff. I wish it were never canonized.

OT_Have the Witnesses ever acknowledged that Jesus' scriptures were very limited in scope compared to what is now in the Hebrew scriptures?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Revelation is a beautiful book once it is stripped of the mumbo jumbo creepy stuff.

But it could well be said that very little would be left if you stripped out all of the mumbo jumbo creepy stuff.

Anyway, with all it's faults, it never says that only 144,000 go to heaven and the rest go to earth.

Neither does anything else in the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit