Heavenly Gates Closed in 1935… Re-opened in 2007

by Alfred 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

These heavenly gates appear to be of the swinging variety, closing in 1935, re-opening in 2007; very possibly slamming shut again any day now - stay tuned!

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think the gate will be simply removed all together once they finally admit that 144,000 is just a symbolic number... that'll probably be shortly after 2014... they'll likely let David Splane explain it in some DVD or during an annual meeting... it'll just go over everyone's head as usual...

• factfinder
    factfinder

If they did say that the 144,000 is just a symbolic number would there then be a very large number of new partakers at the following memorial?

It seems like the new gb are causing many of the important teachings to become obscure and unimportant. This would be bound to have an effect on a lot of publishers leading to more leaving the org.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Are the Heavenly Gates still open or are they saying that partakers are mentally unstable?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Great post Alfred!

Thanks for bumping Calebs Airplane!

One of the elders in our congregation (at the time) did the usual Pharisee pilgrimage to Mecca, I mean Brooklyn, in the late 1980s where he paid homage to the VISIBLE Golden Calf, I mean GB, and was reliably informed that those of "the anointed" who were younger than 60 were frauds and mentally unstable.

I believe that would include all the present GB members.

That does indeed clarify the situation somewhat.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Great post! Thanks for bumping it!

It's funny how all of us "mentally diseased " apostate helpers of Satan, all reach the same or similar conclusions with our "independent" Satanic reasoning. The demons are working overtime I guess!

DD

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I actually agree with the implication by the Society. I think that the rise in partakers is due to an increase in the percentage of mentally unwell JWs. In turn, I think the increase in the mentally unwell group is due to two things: (1) mentally healthy people having less of a need in today's increasingly secular society to accept a fundamentalist religion into their lives, and (2) people who are thinking rationally doing research on the JWs on the Internet and learning enough to stay away.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Or..

3) Some mentally stable individuals believe Jesus' words and see no alternative except partaking. This does not fit into the WTBTS's dogma and threatens the hierarchy and "UNITY", aka powerbase of the GB/Organization. Anyone NOT blindly obeying the GB/Org, especially any who partake, are an immediate threat.

It's not that there aren't unstable ones who partake. Only a particular type of " unstability " is suitable for leadership roles within the Organization. Do you have a conscience? Do you use you power of reason? Do you ask questions? Do you care about people, more than a corporation? Is the spirit of the law more important than the letter of the law? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, then you are likely over-qualified for a position within the WTBTS. Your employment would only cause needles friction and frustration to yourself and others.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-employers-dont-want-hire-131131533.html?.tsrc=_news|0|0|0|0|0|1058285520.94367

DD

• designs
    designs

Alfred- yes one of the GB will pick the short straw and make the announcement.

Calebs- how they take back all the 'they're crazy who partake' will be the interesting part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit