Heavenly Gates Closed in 1935… Re-opened in 2007

by Alfred 77 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yeah, I said "astute" about my own post. So what....

DD

• prologos
    prologos

did wt writers not at one point say that the new partakers are replacements? like the slack taken up after Judas' defection? so,

does that mean that the increasing partaker numbers indicate a greater number of anointed failings like judas squared?

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

90% of JW's today won't have a clue what you're referring to if you mention 1935.

Seriously...... clueless.

• Scott77
    Scott77

This is an interesting thread.

Scott77

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    It's been 8 years since the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society reopened the heavenly gates. I think they're about to close it again once they replace their geriatric GB members (Losch, Herd, Turd, etc).
  • Chevelle
    Chevelle

With the two new additions to the Governing Body recently, I wonder if more "New Light" is about to emerge on this subject.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

What I wonder is what the average R&F makes of all this, the new GB members?

Surely they must be at least puzzled, or even troubled, at seeing the numbers of their priestly class gradually exploding?

We were conditioned to view newer emblem partakers as a bit deluded or even cranks. So how do they feel about these latest additions to the gb?

And if the gates closed in 1935 with any new members simply being replacements for unfaithful ones, there must be one hell of a lot of the remnant who’ve been unfaithful!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

What was their last comment on the issue? Last I recall, they were willing to allow the partakers and count the numbers without any judgment, since it was left to Jehovah to determine who has the Heavenly calling. I don't think there's anything else they can do, either they leave it as-is or... what? Write articles critical of those who partake? Tell the partakers to be more stringent in their determination of what the Heavenly calling feels like? It seems like those options would insult and perhaps alienate them.

I suppose they could find some way to reinterpret the scriptures and come up with a new explanation that accounts for the rise in partakers. But that could also encourage even more people to partake, which I am assuming they don't want (although, again, the new interpretation could do away with that concern as well).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit