How Have you Counted your time for Pioneering?

by jehu or jehonadab 111 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• nugget
    nugget

You say failed witnesses as if that is a bad thing I don't t personally think that is the case. To be a witness you surrender yourself totally to an organisations will and loose your ability to think for yourself. You regress and become immature in terms of your powers of reason since you have to accept teachings and not question them. To fail as a witness means to suceed as a human being. I was a good witness for 4 decades but I was not necessarily a compassionate or balanced person. After all it is not the hours spent on service that count 10 hours accosting waitresses and leaving tracts in launderettes cannot be equivalent to one 20 minute thought provoking conversation.

In addition whatever the name on the heading surely it is the wish and intent of the owner of the site that counts not what you or I think. This site allows a voice for all, it is not the site itself that constrains who should and should not comment. The organisation itself condemns on line discussion groups regardless of their intent. No witness should be posting on forums such as this one not because they are unwelcome but because they are not permitted.

Really it is not polite to make assumptions about the character and worth of others. Many have made a positive contribution to the lives of others since leaving and didn't count a second of the time they spent.

• james_woods
    james_woods

The thread includes things that people here (who are ex-witnesses) used to do when they were witnesses.

It also includes things which they saw other witnesses do - people who are still witnesses.

The thread makes the simple point that witnesses are counting time in bogus ways because counting time itself is bogus.

With witnesses, the counting of the time (and reporting it to the WTBTS) is more important than the results of the time spent.

That is the ultimate dishonesty about the witness's "counting of time" - not how much time is spent in the donut shop or driving around.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

No greater success could I achieve since getting baptised, then to be considered a failed witness or failed pioneer. Thank you for the compliment Teary. You know what? I was so dishonest as a JW. Its ironic that I am now more honest as an ex-JW.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"I was so dishonest as a JW. Its ironic that I am now more honest as an ex-JW."

A tiger can't change his stripes, and habitual lying is tough to just "turn off." If you were a dishonest failed JW, then you would be a dishonest ex-JW (and a dishonest ex-JW would naturally lie about being dishonest wouldn't he?).

• james_woods
    james_woods
    A tiger can't change his stripes

Neither can a troll...it would seem.

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

"Neither can a troll...it would seem."

That that is what you automatically label all dissenting posts on this forum? Don't you complain about the JWs doing the same thing? Let's all sing along!

"No different no different no different than the group they fight against!"

• sabastious
    sabastious
    That that is what you automatically label all dissenting posts on this forum? Don't you complain about the JWs doing the same thing? Let's all sing along!

Nice try, but I would have to agree with James. Same stripes.

-Sab

• james_woods
    james_woods
    That that is what you automatically label all dissenting posts on this forum?

No, that is what I label posts which are deliberately intended to disrupt reasonable discussion for no other point than disruption - in other words, posts by a troll.

Did you think you were being original in doing this?

We have seen it many times before.

• nugget
    nugget

saying a tiger can't change his stripes is not a useful analogy. JWs insist that members were once dishonest, drug addicts, paedophiles, alcoholics, abusive and immoral. Jws tell us that these people have changed. Are you suggesting that this is not the case and that these people are still as they were.

If people can change to become witnesses it must also be possible to change outside of the organisation. We are a product of our experiences for good or ill. If as a result of these people do not behave well perhaps it would be better to look at the environment that made this happen rather than abuse the people who endured it. If you have not pioneered whilst trying to support a family in the middle of winter then perhaps you are in no position to judge.

• james_woods
    james_woods

A very logical and very well-made point, nugget.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit