How Have you Counted your time for Pioneering?

by jehu or jehonadab 111 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

PYHW Was his Return Visit book, black?

• Praise YaHuWaH
    Praise YaHuWaH

HAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH I believe it was lol

• fadinfast
    fadinfast

JOJ thought you might find it interesting to readhow Jehovah first set the FS hours

These expressions of God's will by his King and through his established agency constitute his law or rule of action for the "faithful and wise servant" and for their goodwill companions today who will dwell upon the earth for ever in the New World. The Lord breaks down our organization instructions further and makes them more practicable by further instructing us through his "faithful and wise servant". He says, 'Let us assign the field, the world, to special pioneers, regular pioneers and companies of Jehovah's witnesses in an orderly way, sufficient for everyone to thoroughly witness therein, and let us place upon each one the responsibility of caring for the New World interests in these respective asmgnments.' He says the requirements for special pioneers shall be 175 hours and 50 back-calls per month, which should develop into a reasonable number of studies; and for regular pioneers150 hours and as many back-calls and studies as can be properly developed during that time. And for

company publishers he says, 'Let us make a quota of 60 hours and 12 back-calls and at least one study a week for each publisher.' These directions come to us from the Lord through his established agency directing what is required of us; and, for those who really love the Lord and are guided by his counsel, that is a reasonable service requirement. This expression of the Lord's will should be the end of all controversy. It is for your good that these requirements are made; for thereby you are enabled to prove your integrity and magnify the Lord's name. These directions from the Lord come to us as individuals

and as collective units called "companies". Almost everyone who is consecrated to the Lord recognizes that a company requires organization in order to function properly, but not all of these same brethren appreciate the fact that they as individuals require just as complete an organization to carry out their individual responsibilities as the company does. To illustrate: All realize that every company should have a definite assignment of territory in which to witness, but not all appreciate that each individual in

that company should have his or her own personal assignment of territory in which to witness. It is just as foolish for a publisher to conclude that he can serve the Lord properly without a personal assignment as it would be for a company to decide that it could function acceptably to the Lord without a territory assignment. A company is required to have an assignment and to systematically work in it from house to house, make back-calls, conduct book studies, and generally aid the people of good-will.

The time has come when each one must bear his own burden fully before the Lord. With the provisions that the Lord has now made in supplying us with new books, question booklets which contain complete instructions for properly carrying on a study, etc., there is absolutely no excuse for anyone, man or woman, to claim to be unable to accept an individual territory assignment and assume full responsibility for it. Those who really love the Lord and are fighters for the New World will not try to excuse themselves on that or any other ground, but will hear the Word "of the Lord when he says, Let us do thus and so, and always keep m mind the us includes the Lord, who will be with you in every undertaking.~Matthew 18: 20.

The Lord through his "faithful and wise servant" now states to us, "Let us cover our territory four times in six months." That becomes our organization instructions and has the same binding force on us that his statement to the Logos had when he said, 'let us make man in our image." It is our duty to accept this additional instruction and obey it. But someone will say, "The conditions are different. In the case of the Logos, he could accomplish what Jehovah commanded him to do; but when it comes to covering our territory four times in six months, that is out of all reason. We have never covered it more than once or, at the most, twice in six months. It just can't be done." We have all heard that argument before. And if it were true it would look bad indeed, and would imply that the Lord was asking us to do something that is impossible for us to accomplish. The children of Israel walked around Jericho seven times the last day.

The territory now being covered one to two "times in six months could very easily be covered four to six times in the same period if everyone took his Kingdom responsibilities seriously. This is not theory.... To do this may mean taking time and effort that is now being devoted to "old world" interests and transferring them to New World interests, which are of God and shall abide for ever. WT43 7/1 p206-7

24 Many individuals are in slavery to their employer or their business. They feel that their obligations go beyond the hours of work....WT 59 5/1 p267

The Bible does not prescribe a set number of hours that we must reserve for worship each week. Aw 4/08 p20 . FF

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I pioneered when it was 100 hours a month. They soon dropped it to 90 but it was still so very very hard to get anywhere near. I think maybe one month out of the three years I did it I managed to honestly get anywhere close. But mostly I'd do things like stand on street corner at 7 am and then count time for anything and everything else until noon. Hold down a job and support yourself at the same time? yeah, sure.

• MissAloha
    MissAloha

30 mins in the ministry. 3 hour lunch at near by restaurant. Place a track with the person who checks you out and another on your way out to keep the time rolling. Shoe shopping? Mall? Just keep placing tacks as you check out. Lets meet back at the hall, maybe go out with the next group? Sure, lets go place tracks on the benches at the washaterias . In between maybe stop by a friend or two's house to give them some spiritual encouragement. Well thats a good 7 hours 20 wt 20 aw 2 books 25 trks :)

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

When I was a pioneer I was told if I stopped to drop off magazines at a laundry mat my time could start before meeting for field service. Which was way cool at the time. But also thought if a neighbor saw me leaving all dressed with book bag in hand was't that a witness so why stop at laundry mat. So I was extra loud when leaving the house so my time could start. These rules can turn anybody into a pharisee.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I used to call on a neighbour and then walk slowly through the countryside.

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Jehovah does not measure or count our time in field service. Can you imagine the angels wearing watches and turning in their time in the angeling work. Absurd!

• Teary Oberon
    Teary Oberon

Wow...the dishonesty from many of these posters is really just astonishing. I personally would never hire any of you guys to my business.

Just because you don't agree with the theological reasons behind a practice, that doesn't give you an excuse to lie and exagerate. God would certainly hate you lying and exagerating far more than he would you just handing in a simple record of your activities. If you pledge to do pioneer hours, then keep your word and do pioneer hours. If you only did 1 hour of preaching, then be honest and say you only did 1 hour. If you did no preaching at all, then be honest and say you did no preaching. If you did preach but just don't feel like giving anybody your record, then just be honest and say that you don't want to keep service records. It might raise some eyebrows but still, it is HONEST.

Also reminds Teary of his dear old grandfather (RIP). When I got done with his ranch chores for the day, my grandfather would ask him straight up: "how much did you work today?" Now I did not bull**** him like some people on this thread certainly would by including stupid things like: time to wake up; time to brush teeth; time to eat breakfast; time to shower; nap time; ect. No, I told him that I would work, we both understood what work meant, and so I told him exactly how much time I spent working (even if it wasn't that much).

• james_woods
    james_woods

We think that the poster called Teary counts time for his trolling here...which we find ironically dishonest because technically, time spent here is a disfellowshipping offense.

We think this because if he is not counting time for his trolling here, he should be doing something else for which he could legitimately count time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit