WT Flip-Flops on Jesus’ Inspection… Was it in 1918 or 1919?... Did the WT PASS or FAIL?

by Alfred 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Once again, as many others have said, it's a sad state of affairs when the WT first has to explain back to you what you were supposed to already believe before telling you the new belief. No wonder I was never clear on 1918/1919.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

In today's WT study, the GB 2.0 has taken a significant step towards distancing themselves from all of the 1914-1918 quackery...

"Oh no... We're humble members of the 2nd Overlapping Generation. We would never presumptually declare that we've been appointed over all of Jesus' belongings... You must be referring to the GB 1.0 who didn't know any better. But the light is getting brighter each day." (something David Splane would say)

These guys really do make up sh*t as they go along, don't they..

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Just wondering if there have been any more "flip flops" lately regarding this "inspection"...
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Maybe Jesus found raw chicken being stored above an uncovered pot of soup in 1918, but when he came back in 1919, all was well?

I am sure someone can find a scripture to support your theory.

• Splash
    Splash

I think there have been two more since that first page:

Inspection year: 1919 Result: Failed Inspection Watchtower Sept 15, 2012 page 25

Inspection year: 1914 Result: Failed Inspection Watchtower July 15, 2013 page 23

• Calebs Airplane
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

So, what are they sticking with lately? 1918 or 1919? Did they pass or fail the inspection?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What the hell, I didn't know they went back and forth on this time after time. What's really important is there is no scripture anywhere where god or Jesus inspects a group and decided to pick it as thier sole christians religion. Not in the Bible not in the Karan not in the Indian vedas not in your moms cook book at home either, NOWHERE!!!!!!!!

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Question

If you spent your ENTIRE LIFE

building an airplane that would NEVER FLY

Would you keep on spending each waking moment

Trying to figure out which 3 bolts are misaligned?

Not me

I would at a point realize that the design is

OBVIOUSLY SERIOUSLY FLAWED

AND GET ON WITH MY LIFE

But that would be just me

:0)

• krismalone
    krismalone

Great thread. I wasnt aware of all those flip flops either. The bullet points of the Finished Mystery was awesome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit