WT Flip-Flops on Jesus’ Inspection… Was it in 1918 or 1919?... Did the WT PASS or FAIL?

by Alfred 78 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alfred
    Alfred

my pleasure...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Alfred, hats off to you for discovering this.

I've never seen this series of flip-flops even mentioned before, let alone enumerated so perfectly. I think it might be even worse than the toes of the image flip-flops.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I think it might be even worse than the toes of the image flip-flops.

Or the many flip-flops on the resurrection hope of those who were destroyed at S&G. Great job Alfred.

Think About It

• 00DAD
    00DAD

These guys have more flip-flops than a Hawaiian shoe store!

• Ding
    Ding

I have shown some of this to JWs over the years (though not in as thorough or well organized format).

Their response is either, "Old light" or "Don't stumble me."

Since they wouldn't even look at this evidence, I concluded that they believe in the WTS for other reasons -- constant repetition of "God's sole channel" claims, unique WT doctrines they want to believe, fellowship at the KH, feeling of importance at being "in the truth," fear of failing Jehovah's supposed loyalty and endurance test if they waver, feeling that they have nowhere else to go, fear of looking foolish if they leave, unwillingness to admit to themselves that they have been deceived or wasted their lives, etc.

Most, if not all, of these reasons are psychological:

They keep on believing and shutting out contrary evidence because they NEED to believe it in order to have a sense of importance, belonging, identity, or security.

Unless they find something else that meets those needs, they will continue to close their eyes, ears, and minds.

The interesting thing to me is that every JW is under those pyschological pressures, yet many HAVE broken free.

What do you think is the difference between those who follow the evidence and those who are too cowed to look at it?

Can we learn anything from those differences that would help us get friends and loved ones to open their eyes?

• Alfred
    Alfred

Thanks Mad, TAI and 00DAD...

Ding... you're so right... I found out the hard way that most JWs only want to hear what makes them feel warm and fuzzy inside... they really don't wan't to hear that they've possibly wasted 20, 30 or 40 years of their life. Last year, I started to talk to my JW mother (baptized in 1973) about the things I've discovered in my research... but then I realized that, at this stage in her life, it would be cruel of me to persist and possibly shatter her dreams which would destroy her to the core... so I am completely silent with her on where I stand and we have a mutual understanding that we not discuss religous matters any more... I think it's for the best...

• Ding
    Ding

Yesterday I was driving past a Kingdom Hall and I saw an old man walking slowly out to his car to go out in service.

No doubt this man was told many times that he would never grow old in this system of things.

Despite the repeated failures of these promises, there he still is, hobbling door-to-door, still believing the WT lies and passing them on to others.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Ding, you're so right. The son of a friend of mine has recently joined. He has told his father the newspaper reports of the "mentally diseased" statement are lies; that his father just doesn't understand becuse he's not a JW. He is embarking on a life of dutiful, unthinking obedience to a group of faceless men in NY and has chosen not to listen to those who identify major flaws in the logic. One day he, too, will be like that old man, chasing rainbows. Wasted life.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Alfred said ". but then I realized that, at this stage in her life, it would be cruel of me to persist and possibly shatter her dreams which would destroy her to the core... so I am completely silent with her on where I stand and we have a mutual understanding that we not discuss religous matters any more... I think it's for the best..."

Alfred, you are absolutely right..............and kind................and thoughtful.

"Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have." -- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

I have to add that for young people it is much easier, but for older ones it is very difficult to regroup, go out and make new friends and start, in old age, to gather a new support group whom you understand and who understand and care for you.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

This tidbit you found inThe Finished Mystery is amusing:

24. Michael the Archangel is the Pope of Rome (p.188)

It's time for a little word problem:

Part 1: According to the Watchtower, who else is Michael the Archangel?

Part 2: Using this information, apply the transisitive property of equality to determine (according to official Watchtower publications):

Who is the Pope?

I hope they are paying him obescience!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit