If You Were God How Would You Prove You Existed

by Pig 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Pretty warm today :)

Plus my mom is here, and she's making chili tonight, and then homemade burritos tomorrow night. Mmm.....

Sooo... how's life south of my couch?

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

mmmmm chili & burritos You lucky girl! It's nice to be spoiled sometimes :)

I feel like I'm fighting a cold... :(

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Well, how would I prove I existed if I were me? (which I am)

First of all, I could engage in a conversation with anyone here. Maybe you'd ask me, what's your favorite food? And I could PM you back and say "steak - bloody rare"

But that could just be a computer simulation.

I could see if you lived nearby, and if so, we could find a Starbucks and meet for coffee. I'd even buy.

You could bring some friends with you to even verify that I am me, in the flesh, not a hallucination. I could even show you my drivers license and passport.

Would that be so hard?

Would that be enough proof for you?

I certainly think god could do better than that.

• Twitch
    Twitch

I would wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore. This would be making good on a promise and would be proof

• tec
    tec

And so it shall be.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Poopsie: I just got over a cold (two weeks long), and I think I might be catching another. Bleh!

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Look around you, he doesn't need to prove anything...

I would make some things evolve so fast that man would know it was impossible for them to have evolved

Butterfliesbutterfly

• DT
    DT

If I were God, I would have probably done things completely different from the beginning. If I were just given Godship at the present time, I would try to fix some of the major problems while giving humans the freedom to work out many of the other details themselves.

If this wasn't possible for some reason, I probably wouldn't be too concerned about proving my existence. I would probably use the current sate of uncertainty to identify honest hearted atheists who have the intellectual courage and honesty to admit that it's OK for some questions to be left unanswered until there is more data. I would reserve a very special place in heaven for them and spend most of my time with them. I would probably let believers into heaven also, but I would be tempted to have some fun with them first. I might greet them dressed as the devil or pretend to be Zeus and tell them they got some credit for believing in a god, but lost even more for believing in the wrong one! In any case I would make sure that they attend a lot of classes about science, logic and evolutionary theory.

• Twitch
    Twitch

And so it shall be = only another 2000 yrs to go...

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

First, God could prove he existed very easily. We have been placed on Earth to live by faith. God reveals himself through prophets -- special witnesses -- who have seen him and conversed with him. "For the Lord doeth nothing save he will reveal it unto his servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7) And "in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." (Deut. 17:6)

God does leave evidence, but not proof.

If you want more, I suggest maybe crop circles or pictures of shadow people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit