Victoria, Australia: Report on Oct. 11th hearing involving Steven Unthank

by AndersonsInfo 156 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• mind blown
    mind blown

From what I'm gathering......the court isn't trying to establish what the FDS is to charge them because Aussie law "will" prosecute a person, body corporated or unicorporated........however, the WTS attorney is trying to say that the FDS is not a thing, person or group or corporation or unicorporated........ but an "arrangement"......???

If this is the case, it seems it will still fall back on the GB as a contempory group who tried to re establish or re collect the FDS on earth and who put this Theological Arrangement in action/motion.........and I'm sure Unthink will be able to prove that the FDS, according to the GB is an actual body of people with much evidence from WTS literature.......

• JeffT
    JeffT

"Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave, whom the Lord has appointed over all his belongings?"

Evidently, nobody.

• mind blown
    mind blown

the irony.....I'm sure Mr Unthink was probley covering his ground by also adding the FDS in the suit, however, it's turning into a "HUGE" unraveling of the GB .......*hand stand, cart wheel and back flip* Thanx again, Barb

Wonder if the FDS class/group get's wind of this, will turn around and take the GB to court or JW's as a whole??

• mind blown
    mind blown

the irony.....I'm sure Mr Unthink was probley covering his ground by also adding the FDS in the suit, however, it's turning into a "HUGE" unraveling of the GB .......*hand stand, cart wheel and back flip* Thanx again, Barb

Wonder if the FDS class/group get's wind of this, will turn around and take the GB to court or JW's as a whole??

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

This is so fascinating! Thank you Barb for keeping us informed. Thank you's to all of those who are being proactive in showing the WTBTS for what it really is. Surely there are those who are waking up due to this coverage, and there is no telling how many lives will be saved by exposing the Org.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I do not understand the above statement - if the society instructed the elders and others to obtain the cards, then why is this lawsuit still going on?

Is the Watchtower Society trying to get out of having them obtain the cards now?

Because it is a criminal trial, not a lawsuit. The Borg broke the law continually for several years. Just because they are complying NOW doesn't mean the case should get dropped. That would be like a speeder getting pulled over and telling the officer, "But officer, my car isn't even MOVING, how can you cite me for speeding?!?" The law has already been broken. Now it's time to face the music.

• openmindnow
    openmindnow

The lawyers name is Rachel van Witsen

The law firm is Vincent Toole solicators

And yes I agree with so many others here my jaw dropped as well, but this will make no impact on the vast heard of the faithful.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree that someone with knowledge of Wikipedia process should edit the FDS page:

"The Watchtower Society's official view of 'the faithful and discreet slave' was presented by legal counsel for the Watchtower Society on October 11, 2011, during a criminal court hearing in Victoria, Australia's Latrobe Valley Magistrates' Court, where Rachel van Witsen from the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia's in-house law firm Vincent Toole Solicitors stated on behalf of the Watchtower Society that: 'The faithful and discreet slave is not a legal entity.' The solicitor then presented arguments that the "faithful and discreet slave" should be viewed as a 'theological arrangement' and that it does not exist as a 'person,' as an 'unincorporated body,' or as a 'body' of Christians."

• mind blown
    mind blown

No one should touch Wikipedia! It is another form of proof/evidence for the prosecution.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I'd love to see the exact wording of the admission that the faithful and discreet slave does not exist. It may just be saying that the Court has no jurisdiction over it in the same way the Court has no jurisdiction over Predestination or the Trinity. Now I'm going to research less popular meanings of "arrangement."

Even if it just a legal technicality, it is amazing how a single person has changed the fact of elder compliance with a reasonable and valid law! If the suit goes no further, it is a staggering development. It shows the power of a David against Goliath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit