JWs preparing for some "Special Top Secret Meeting" does anyone knows about this?

by Free!! 53 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

They are not all on the same night? or are they all this weekend? if your jw goes to a meeting that is not regular meeting night is it safe to assume they are at this zone meeting?

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have been to enough "special" meetings to know that they are boring boring boring boring.

They have nothing special to say.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

It's not a secret. Or not supposed to be. They read the announcement twice from platform (the initial and reminder). It does suck though that only select ones have the "privilege".

• integ
    integ

My mom was invited to the one in Janesville, Wi. on the 29th of Oct. She just told me that she thinks the end is near cuz US troops leaving Afghanistan.

I feel sorry for her cuz I know she's getting duped, and been getting duped for all these years. She's a really good lady; nice.

She's worried I'm not gonna be there to meet all our deceased relatives when they come back.

• Scully
    Scully

That'll be one more weekend you'll never get back.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Why would they have 3 'special' ? meetings this month? They already did the Oct. 1 Annual Meeting, with their normal boasting stats and confirmation they are moving out of Brooklyn to Warwick. They could have just prgrammed all this to their extra sites then for their extra elite and 'special.' Would have saved time and money. Why just do this repeat so soon after?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The more some JWS work and dedicate themselves to this religious cult, the more they take it upon themselves as being spiritually strong,

and therefore presumptuously pleasing to god as not to be chosen killed at Armageddon.

The WTS has to be more pretentiously controlling to subdue and maintain its supporting members.

Special talks, special meetings , special announcements these are all orchestrated to heighten and lure people into state of

anxious awareness.

The wheels of propaganda by the WTS. have been rolling along for quite awhile with similar forbearing intensions.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

They also mentioned that those with many years of service would receive an invitation. My brother is upset that my mother didn't receive an invitaton. He just doesn't like the elders that go to her hall. My mother really could care less.

They have to go early to set up the credit card donation,I forget what they're called,anyway,can't they have one meeting without asking for money.

There is not going to be any speakers at the Assembly hall ,they are just going to be crowded in there watching a screen. And some will have to sit in the cafeteria and watch a smaller screen.

• Free!!
    Free!!

Ok, to follow up on the special meeting ish... my friend text me today (well, i texted her first cuz i wanted to know the scoop) and she said "Free... It was AMAZING, it felt like it was a higher level of knowledge being taught to us, I cannot even explain"....sighs!!! talk about brain washing!! :(

• shamus100
    shamus100

Don't you want to just get rid of those 'friends'? I can't STAND Jehovahs Witnesses.

I don't want to hear them, look at them, look at a watchtower, awake, reasoning from the scriptures.... BLEAH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit