Polygamy question

by equinox 51 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Am I the only one here who sees the ad hominem aspects of these absurd posts? Can you feminazis even form an intelligent thought?

LOL... at these two sentences beside each other.

And that is the definition of feminism. If you're talking about something different, then use a different term. You are slinging quite a few names around here... feminazi, man-haters, etc, etc. I don't even know what you're talking about anymore. I don't hate men. I'm not a femi-nazi... whatever that is. I simply do not agree with you.

"We can't argue against anything you've said, but we don't like it. We can't quite put a finger on what we don't like, but we're going to spew hatred against it, anyway."

Um... you have been answered point by point. Fingers have been put on precisely what we don't like about what you have to say. The only one doing what you're accusing everyone else of doing here, seems to be... well... you. Quite honestly, though, I have lost track under all of the 'spewing' of what point you are trying to make.

*shrugs*

Peace,

Tammy

• talesin
    talesin

wontleave

I appreciated your reply, after I ripped your comments to shreds! Bonne merci!!!!

It seems to me (and this is just my feeling) that you have been terribly hurt by some woman, and have a skewed view of feminism. I apologise to you for that, and whoever that womin is, well, if she used her 'womanly wiles' to hurt you,,, that is WRONG!

Hoping you will heal, and soon, I remain,

t

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I have seen first-hand the anti-male stance the law takes. I've had a cop leave his personal phone number with my insane ex when the neighbors called the police over her waking up the entire apartment complex at 7am. I've had them come to my house and steal my property I had receipts for, because she wanted it and told the police I stole it from her. A joke in the community of men who have been in relationships with mentally/emotionally-unstable (or simply evil) women is

"When the police are called to a domestic disturbance and find a lesbian couple, how do they know who to arrest?"

I've also known men who abused women and were swiftly and soundly punished by the law. Meanwhile, I overheard a conversation at work between two female coworkers where one was bragging about how she didn't have to work, because her ex had to pay so much child support it supported her, her boyfriend, and her kids. She told how she refused to get married, so she wouldn't lose that and just worked to get out of the house and have extra party money. She purposely used the feminazi legal system so her slutty, lazy ass could leech off a man.

I got into a heated argument with a woman at a bar who was trying to drunkenly explain to me how much I and all men sucked because we go around impregnating women then running from our responsibilities and how much she had to be the adult because she got knocked up by a deadbeat loser. This irritated me because 1, she was staggering drunk in a bar while her parents were actually raising her kid and 2, I'd had a vasectomy years prior, because I realize the responsibilty of children and didn't want it or to inflict it on someone else.

I'm sick of the whiny "I'm doing it all by myself" women who dump their kids on their parents, party all the time, collect vast quantities of welfare in its various forms, then go out and get knocked up again. Most other countries in the world default to whichever parent can actually afford to raise a child, not whoever has the vagina wins. Then, women scream for "equality"? Are you serious? What planet are you on?

• talesin
    talesin

my insane ex

Yup, it's all clear now. You have been abused or otherwise marginalized.

Vent, brother, vent!!!!

xo

tal

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

wow wontleave, chill!

• tec
    tec

Won'tleave,

I hear what you're saying, and hear where your anger is coming from.

I would like you to consider one other thing, though, if you can. Just as you are considering/calling women man-haters because of what some men have done to hurt them, are you not doing the same thing in blaming women (in general) for the actions of what some women that you know have done?

In the past, the law worked in favor of men. At all times. Today, there are some instances where it works in favor of the woman, I agree. Perhaps in overcompensation. I hope as much as you that one day everything will equal out between all men and women, at all times. But cause and effect often creates a time lapse between true equality. We still have a ways to go. There is just as much se X ism against women as there is against men. I would say that there is still more injustice done against women than men, but that would be based on personal e Xperience and observation, as are your own thoughts... both of which are limiting.

Best case scenario, imo, is to avoid generalizing anyone, and just look at people as the individuals that they are.

I'm sick of the whiny "I'm doing it all by myself" women who dump their kids on their parents, party all the time, collect vast quantities of welfare in its various forms, then go out and get knocked up again.

For every woman doing that, there is at least one who actually IS doing it all by herself. You just don't hear from her, because she's quietly going about her responsibilities.

Peace,

Tammy

• WontLeave
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

Why on earth would any man want to be married to more than ONE woman in THIS day and age?

Glutton for punishment perhaps?

LOL !

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never mind the arguments.....

The Mormon Church of LDS abandoned polygamy in 1890

The Watchtower Society abandoned polygamy in 1947

What does that tell you?

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Why on earth would any man want to be married to more than ONE woman in THIS day and age?

Glutton for punishment perhaps?

Don't marry women who are a pain in the ass and there shouldn't be any problem. With some women, one is too many; others, the more the merrier.

The Mormon Church of LDS abandoned polygamy in 1890

The Watchtower Society abandoned polygamy in 1947

And the Catholic Church totally forbade it at the Council of Trent in 1563.

Interestingly, all of these examples (and any other "Christian" ones which may be cited) are hundreds of years after any actual Scriptural ban would have been imposed on the early Church. Obviously, this ban is purely extra-Biblical and of plainly human origin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit