Polygamy question

by equinox 51 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

cyberjesus....from a female point of view...his arguments are patronising towards me....his reasonings about why men lie attempt to push the blame back on women. And his general understanding of women is so far from the mark it's just not amusing. The fact you see me as the 'attacker' is interesting...because from my perspective...he does nothing but attack. So maybe....I'm the rebounder.

It's a bit like a racist biggot telling someone they don't know what they are talking about when they are offended. Well....he behaves like a sexist biggot...and he can't see it and neither can some of the people who agree with his biggoted comments. They are offensive.

So, if you or anyone else is offended that I call him an idiot....I really couldn't give a flying f*ck.

• tec
    tec

It's a bit like a racist biggot telling someone they don't know what they are talking about when they are offended. Well....he behaves like a sexist biggot...and he can't see it and neither can some of the people who agree with his biggoted comments. They are offensive.

This.

Everything Talesin said too, but this kind of cuts to the quick.

I am not an e X-cultist.

But if someone is going to bring that up, then perhaps it makes more sense that THIS is a board of men and women who used to belong to a cult that fostered that attitude of weak women, and shifted blame of all wrongs that men committed onto them.

Peace,

Tammy

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Wow... Just wow. I've never seen so many transparent logical fallacies in one place except for a page of examples of logical fallacies.

My argument (if you actually read the words, instead of making up your own points to argue against - called a "straw man") is against monogamy; not women. I never blamed women for men lying. I never blamed women for deadbeat dads. If you don't like the idea that women are more emotional than men, go flame Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus and every person with an education in human psychology. Bashing that statement only proudly displays your ignorance and denial. Interesting how my statement about men who shouldn't procreate was ignored, as you cherry-pick my post for things to pretend to be offended about. Really, you're just incensed because I dare oppose your idiotic, PC, feminist ranting. Sprinkle profusely with false dichotomies, ad hominem attacks, appeals to popularity (in your narrow mind), and purely-emotional tirades (thanks for the proof for that point, by the way) and - voila! - the entirety of your replies.

Let's see... Who else argues like that? Oh, yeah. JWs and other cult members. Call names, scream insults, deny, deny, deny despite all reality. Live in a world of your own creation that only exists in your mind, then spew hate at anyone who doesn't see your "reality". I don't hate women; I love them. But I don't worship them. If you have a problem with that, it's no wonder to me why you're here. You're only pissed off you couldn't be on the GB, because you're women. Awww... Did you want to be worshiped, like you believe all women should? You're feminists: Isn't that cute. Whatever you're angry about, I didn't do it and "men" in general didn't do it. Get over yourselves, grow up, and get real.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Ah the power of the poonany !!

LOL !

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

oh brother! well coming back to the polygamy issue.... I think that if the group wants to be part of they, they should to what they want. Informed consent.

• tec
    tec

My argument (if you actually read the words, instead of making up your own points to argue against - called a "straw man") is against monogamy; not women. I never blamed women for men lying. I never blamed women for deadbeat dads. If you don't like the idea that women are more emotional than men, go flame Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus and every person with an education in human psychology. Bashing that statement only proudly displays your ignorance and denial. Interesting how my statement about men who shouldn't procreate was ignored, as you cherry-pick my post for things to pretend to be offended about. Really, you're just incensed because I dare oppose your idiotic, PC, feminist ranting. Sprinkle profusely with false dichotomies, ad hominem attacks, appeals to popularity (in your narrow mind), and purely-emotional tirades (thanks for the proof for that point, by the way) and - voila! - the entirety of your replies.

Let's see... Who else argues like that? Oh, yeah. JWs and other cult members. Call names, scream insults, deny, deny, deny despite all reality. Live in a world of your own creation that only exists in your mind, then spew hate at anyone who doesn't see your "reality". I don't hate women; I love them. But I don't worship them. If you have a problem with that, it's no wonder to me why you're here. You're only pissed off you couldn't be on the GB, because you're women. Awww... Did you want to be worshiped, like you believe all women should? You're feminists: Isn't that cute. Whatever you're angry about, I didn't do it and "men" in general didn't do it. Get over yourselves, grow up, and get real.

I'm pretty sure that your entire two posts here can be described by your own bolded words above.

I'm not emotional at the moment. I would be more than happy to discuss your views on women - the weak-minded, emotional (more than men, you seem to think), easily led, feminist (like that is a bad thing - to think that men and women should be equal), man-haters.

You do realize that feminism is defined as the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men. When you use feminism in a derogatory way, it implies that you do not think women should have these equal rights to men.

Peace,

Tammy (as per the topic at hand, I believe I stated that if the man and women involved are all happy and choose it, then more power to them)

• carla
    carla

I suggest that wontleave is single and shall remain as such much of his life and wonder why.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

feminism is defined as the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.
    Only by feminists. Feminism and labor unions had their time and place. Now, they're just breeding grounds for anti-(insert demographic) hatred. Nobody's denying any woman's right to own property, vote, earn equal wages for equal work, be free from spouse abuse, etc. You want to fight for women's rights, go to the Middle East where women actually are mistreated. If you think women aren't held equal in Western society - or in most cases superior - you've been in a cave for 50 years. Similarly, it's interesting how "pro choice" and "pro life" both put positive spins on their stands when they are diametrically opposed.
    I suggest that wontleave is single and shall remain as such much of his life and wonder why.

Wow. A totally baseless statement by a bitter female who disagrees with me. How original. Am I the only one here who sees the ad hominem aspects of these absurd posts? Can you feminazis even form an intelligent thought? Are you so angry and emotional that all you can do is knee-jerk respond with venom and bile? All-in-all, what I'm hearing is

"We can't argue against anything you've said, but we don't like it. We can't quite put a finger on what we don't like, but we're going to spew hatred against it, anyway."

Sounds like a JW putting his fingers in his ears and shouting "la la la la" when he hears something that disagrees with his programming. Well, you man bashers are welcome to your opinions. Sadly, when you have a relevant point, I eagerly agree. For instance:

wife-beaters

Men who abuse women and children are cut from the same cloth. The vast majority of them would never dream to a fair fight with a man. At best, he might bully someone half his size who's minding his own business. Having been raised by a sociopath, I know the type. A coward and a bully who was gung-ho to get physical when I was 10, but is a fucking pussy now that I'm a grown man and the last fight he picked was with his 80-year-old father. Unfortunately, I wasn't there. I have a very sore spot for bullies and dare them to act so in my presence. That being said, perhaps you should read this. They have some interesting things to say about the legal system and how it treats men and women radically differently. You want equality? Start there.

whambamthankyouma'am sexual routines (yawn) of their husbands

Amen! I've had to show more women than I can count things on their bodies they didn't know what they were for or even existed. Some had been married and/or sexually active for years or decades. And JW men are some of the worst! Lousy, ignorant, selfish lovers, the lot. They confuse "submission" and "headship" with "I do what I want, you do what I want, nobody does what you want."

Of course, you're too busy creating false dichotomies and straw men, then assigning them to me to have an intelligent conversation. Look this over, look at your posts, then I'll leave the realization that practically every word of every post bashing me is a non-point.

• talesin
    talesin

wontleave

I truly hope you will heal in time, and leave your bitterness behind. It will kill you! (heart disease, etc.)

poor thing

tal

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Thanks for your compassion, talesin, but it is not necessary. There are things over which I am bitter, but this is not one. I realized long ago I have neither the ability nor the inclination to rid the Internet of ignorance. If a well-placed fact actually mattered to people, cults wouldn't exist, urban legends would disappear, and many belief systems would vanish overnight. That hasn't happened and I doubt it ever will. We'll all have to suffer with the existence of people who disagree with our views and think, feel, and believe ridiculous things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit