No More Missionaries

by Lunatic Faith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like a business practice called "cost containment".

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

This is really telling, not that their "missionary program" was ever anything special in the first place. Fifty missionaries every six months is a drop in the bucket compared to the worldwide population.

But it is another message that JWs just can't get the job done when it comes to spreading their message.

How many in China? 1.3 billion if I remember correctly. Another billion in India. Close to a billion when you add up the Arab countries. There are 3 Billion alone that probably haven't even heard of Jehovah, let alone the vast publishing empire he has established here on earth to proclaim his message of doom.

Another "circle the wagons" move. They aren't looking to grow anymore, they just want to hold on to what they have.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

The western world is not producing much return on investment (lack of recruits) while the developing and third world nations are not worth investing in. Poor nations can grow but who wants a negative return on investment? Therefor, we will re-educate COs and DOs to push the western dubs to push for more intense recruiting. It's the west that pays the bills and if they can't get the west to grow then there is no point of expanding into the third world where there is a large grow but no money for building projects.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i did start a topic enquiring about watchtower missionaries a couple of days back--but i dont think anyone responded.

just shows how interesting the subject is(nt)

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Interesting and very telling.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It's funny,but a sister who attended the Annual meeting called the move to upstate New York and expansion,really?

They told them at the Annual meeting,no,the Governing Body,haven't lost their minds, even though,we keep building and expanding. Armageddon is still close.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

All these changes are very logical for a business, however I didn't know that the primary porpuse of a religion was to perform it's responsibilities in the most cost effective way possible. Now before someone jumps in, I realize they can't be spend thrift but $$$ seems to dictate all changes now. So much for the one sheep that is tracked down and saved by the shepherd, regardless of the "cost".

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

It could be a way to downsize those who have been at Bethel for many years.

They could be trying to sell them on a Gilead training degree (wow the sky is the limit). Now that's higher education

Imagine the congregations to be blessed with such learned ones.

• Walk On
    Walk On

My sister said a recent KM (Canada) said that couples should think seriously about moving to another country to help with the preaching work... now suddenly they (her and her husband) are thinking about moving to South America based on that since they don't have kids and aren't going to. I told her I'd come down and haul her back myself if they just up and left... but Iwonder if thats related to the topic...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think it is Walk on. They asked for volunteers. Nothing said about paying expenses. If some crazy JW couple wants to go to a foriegn country on their own dime, The WT won't say no

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit