No More Missionaries

by Lunatic Faith 68 Replies latest jw friends

• mommag
  • stapler99
    stapler99

Any more news on what will be happening to existing missionaries? Rumour has it that missionary homes will be closing and they will be relocated into other accomodation. Has anybody heard anything similar?

• moshe
    moshe
    We in the western world are spoiled regarding living arrangements.

Peru needs more JWs, you keep your food right in your home with you- Hmm-umm, guinea pig pot pie

• Scott77
    Scott77

My God..... is there any point at which the average Witness actually wakes up to understand that the Governing Body sees them as nothing more than numbers, functionaries or expendable cannon fodder?

They dumped long term Bethelites into the worst labor market in 60 years. You like that phrase? It came from a f**king Ex-Bethelite, folks, who got dumped after many years of faithful service.

Which would you rather be? A sucker who bought into the Watchtower's false assurances, working at Bethel for maybe 20+ years? Or how about getting laid off after 20+ years working for GM or some other Worldly organization that happens to give severance and support to its employees? Which misfortune is preferable?

So, now Gilead is quietly ended. And what does it manifest about the Governing Body's care for people in their charge? What, they can't afford a crappy 5 -6 months and a continuing pittance to support these people in wretched 3rd world countries, in which living is globally cheap and can't do pathetic training in a new language and culture? Really?

Good God, how cheap can they be? With at least 100's of millions invested in saleable real estate, they can't afford to train missionaries?

You Lurkers out there, hiding and secretly reading these posts, THINK FOR YOURSELVES FOR A CHANGE ! THEY don't care about people. Money and control is everything and they NEVER will invest in any infrastructure for their members - like Catholics or Mormons . Instead they will condemn college and ruin families and do anything required for their own selfish survival, in their Upstate NY Country Club

Take this news as evidence that the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is increasingly a feeble facade, addicted to simple fantasies and incapable of practical effort.

metatron

metatron

OMG! I could not agree more.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Why pay when you can bleed the flock.
    nugget

Iam wondering too.

Scott77

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's always so contrdictory with them. The end is near so why not turn up the number of missionaries? Don't they need to fullfil their commision?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

So, if I read this correctly, the WTB&TS is no longer using it's resources to preach the "good news to all the nations". Rather, it is turning Gilead into a school to produce more commissars. That's all Circuit Overseers are; politcal officers who make sure the rank & file are following the wishes of the Governing Body.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Bump, for those asking in the Major (Recent)Changes thread.

I'm surprised this got by so many people. I was in at the time and caught it, but none of my relatives did.

• Fernando
    Fernando

BTT

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Not too clear on this, so they no longer train for the missionary work as they used to, they expect some to pick up the full tab and go themselves ?

The missionaries out there at present what happens to them ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit