Does the Issue of Universal Sovereignty make sense to you as an explanation for evil?

by gubberningbody 233 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

you said:"See, that's the interesting thing about putting one's faith in the Bible, Michelle... and Paul. Because (1) you are misapply this verse, and (2) about a year after Paul wrote the above to the Corinthians, he wrote the following to the Romans:

Therefore those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation. For the law of that spirit which gives life in union with Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:1, 2

While it is true that all WILL stand before the Judgment Seat, not ALL will do so in order to be judged. "

don't be so quick to read something into what I wrote in order to show me wrong...we ALL stand before the judgement seat...those in Jesus Christ will be judged in order to determine the rewards for their service NOT condemnation. (rev 4:4) and because only the Lamb is worthy all the saints crowns will be thrown towards the throne as an act of homage to the King of Kings while He is praised.

...if you don't trust the bible that my Lord GOD provided then don't trust it to help YOU get YOUR lord's message across...your hypocrisy is tedious.

love michelle

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    But i can ask you: yes or no, If i claimed i heard the voice of God and saw him while i was awake, would you believe the most likely conclusion was that i did, indeed, hear the voice of god?

I would think that would depend on what the "voice of God" had said to you.

And of course THAT view I would have would also depend on the preconcieved notions I have about God and what I beleive God would say to a person.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It is not wise to set The Word in Time for your own understanding. Let God be found true.

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear N.drew...

you are right...we should ALWAYS remember that we live our life in His presence.

thank you.

love michelle

• gubberningbody
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    those in Jesus Christ will be judged in order to determine the rewards for their service NOT condemnation. (rev 4:4)

Sigh. More misapplication. The verse has absolutely nothing to do with those in [union with] Christ, outside of the 24 elders. NOWHERE does it say such ones... or even the 24 elders... judged. As I posted before, the judgment doesn't even take PLACE... until after the reign of Christ and his co-rulers:

" And I saw thrones, and there were those who sat down on them, and power of judging was given them."

"Now as soon as the thousand years have been ended, Satan will be let loose out of his prison, and he will go out to mislead those nations in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Ma´gog, to gather them together for the war. The number of these is as the sand of the sea. And they advanced over the breadth of the earth and encircled the camp of the holy ones and the beloved city. But fire came down out of heaven and devoured them. And the Devil who was misleading them was hurled into the lake of fire and sulphur, where both the wild beast and the false prophet [already were]; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

"And I saw a great white throne and the one seated on it. From before him the earth and the heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. And the dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds. And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha´des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds. And death and Ha´des were hurled into the lake of fire. This means the second death, the lake of fire. Furthermore, whoever was not found written in the book of life was hurled into the lake of fire."

Revelation 20:4, 11-15

This judging at Revelation 20:4 is pursuant to the Greek word "krino"... although the false styluses of the scribes have erroneously used the Greek word "krima". Contrastly, the judging at Revelation 20:11-15 is pursuant to the Greek word "krema"... again, misstated due to the false styluses of the scribes (who have NO clue as to what these two events are... and so have confused the two words).

The first (krino) is described as the following, which shows the responsibilities and powers of those mentioned at Revelation 20:4:

1) to separate, put asunder, to pick out, select, choose 2)to approve, esteem, to prefer 3) to be of opinion, deem, think, to be of opinion 4) to determine, resolve, decree 5) to judge a) to pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong 1) to be judged, i.e. summoned to trial that one's case may be examined and judgment passed upon it b) to pronounce judgment, to subject to censure 1)of those who act the part of judges or arbiters in matters of common life, or pass judgment on the deeds and words of others 6)to rule, govern a) to preside over with the power of giving judicial decisions, because it was the prerogative of kings and rulers to pass judgment 7) to contend together, of warriors and combatants a) to dispute b) in a forensic sense 1) to go to law, have suit at law

As kings... in the manner of Melchizedek (a king AND priest)... those engage, along with Christ, in separating "sheep" from "goats" as well as making JUDICIAL decisions/opinions over/as to the ISSUES brought before them by the subjects of the kingdom. They do NOT, however, judge as to condemnation and destruction. THAT right is reserved to the Most Holy One of Israel ALONE... which is depicted at Revelation 20:11-15. These "judgments" are precursoured by the early reign and judgments of Solomon.

The second, "krima", is actually what is described occurring at Revelation 20:5, 11-15, which shows "Judgment Day"... as seen by John AND Daniel (Daniel 7:9-14). In THIS instance, the judgment is with a view to either granting life... or condemnation to everlasting destruction:

1) a decree, judgments 2) judgment a) condemnation of wrong, the decision (whether severe or mild) which one passes on the faults of others b) in a forensic sense 1)the sentence of a judge 2) the punishment with which one is sentenced 3) condemnatory sentence, penal judgment, sentence 3) a matter to be judicially decided, a lawsuit, a case in court

So, in the FIRST instance, Christ and those who rule WITH him are giving power to hear and decide judicial matters; however, the outcomes do NOT include condemnation to death/destruction. As Christ said, "I judge NO man"... and to those who wish to belong to him: "STOP judging, that yo may not BE judged." The second instance is the result of him HANDING THE KINGDOM BACK OVER TO THE FATHER... for judgment (which could result in condemnation and destruction). Since this latter takes place AFTER the former have already been given powers of judging (in the manner they do)... THEY are not judged themselves. The "stand before the throne"... because ALL will stand before the throne: either to give GLORY... or be judged.

The one called "Satan" also had to stand before the throne at one time - that did not result in his judgment. Not at that time. He was ultimately judged, however... and as a result cannot no longer STAND before it... but must crawl before it, with his face to the dust. Since he exalted himself... he was brought "low." However, even though he HAS been judged... and condemned... he has not yet been destroyed. During Judgment Day, however, there is no delay period: once a person is judged (because their name is NOT written in the Lamb's Book of Life... and so, they have no COVERING - his blood - for their [bad] deeds)... the sentence is carried out almost immediately.

and because only the Lamb is worthy all the saints crowns will be thrown towards the throne as an act of homage to the King of Kings while He is praised.

Ummmm... another misapplication, and one that smacks of WTBTS false teaching. Here, ONLY the 24 elders throw down their crowns. These, however, are NOT "all the saints"... nor do they even represent the holy ones (saints), as falsely taught by the WTBTS.

...if you don't trust the bible that my Lord GOD provided

Well, see, now, that's part of the problem: the Bible that YOUR Lord GOD provided... isn't trustWORTHY: it is full of errors, contradictions, tamperings, falsehoods, etc. And is humongously MISUSED, mistranslated, mistransliterated, and misinterpreted by others... his "offspring"... false prophets and false christs... perhaps such as yourself... to mislead and shut up the kingdom of the heavens before others. Which says to ME that perhaps the "Lord GOD" who do PROVIDED it to you... RELIGION... ALSO isn't trustworthy... but one of errors, contradictions, falsehoods, etc. Which leads me to no other conclusion but that YOUR Lord GOD has SOME connection with the one who by the description, "father... of the lie". He, the one who keeps "transforming himself as an angel (messenger) of light." LOOK at how DARK the "light" from the Bible... and thus, the "works" done as a RESULT of it"... ARE!

On the other hand, MY Lord, the Holy One of Israel and Holy SPIRIT, JAHESHUA, the Chosen One of JAH (MischaJah), who is His SON, JAH[VeH] being the MOST Holy One of Israel... speaks TRUTH. Because he IS the Truth! And thus, UNLIKE "the Bible"... the opening of HIS lips is about uprightness! HIS palate utters truth itself... albeit in low tones and whispers... and wickedness is something detestable to his lips. Thus, ALL the sayings of HIS mouth are in righteousness. Among them there is NOTHING twisted or crooked. ALL of them are straight to the discerning one, and upright to the ones finding knowledge.

And it is NOT the sayings of HIS mouth, and thus HIS works... that those who adhere to the Bible are doing. Quite to the contrary, actually. Which is why you and I are even having to defend our respective beliefs. IF those who claim to follow Christ ACTUALLY FOLLOWED CHRIST... and not the Bible, which more often than not translates into following Paul... or the false stylus of the scribes... these would literally SEE Christ FOR THEMSELVES... THROUGH US! NOT through the law written on paper or stone! Which is how it was... and is... SUPPOSED to be.

You, though, follow the false teachings of, well, either your own understanding or those who are leading you. Which is why you can only post verses but rarely explain them (if at all). Because there is no one TEACHING you what they actually mean! Does that fact that my Lord tells me what they mean equate to him having written them? NO. He can TELL me... because he was either THERE... or knew/knows the HEARTS of the one so writing. So that NO MATTER what the false STYLUS writes... HE knows the TRUTH. Because he IS the Truth!

then don't trust it to help YOU get YOUR lord's message across...your hypocrisy is tedious.

Silly rabbit - you are the one who keeps forcing me to even refer to it... because of YOUR repeated misuse/misapplication. YOU... look to the Bible to see if what the Holy SPIRIT says is "true". I... look to the Holy Spirit... to see if what the BIBLE says... is true. Sometimes it is; sometimes... it is not.

Again, I marvel at your total misunderstanding/misapplication of SO much. And folks think I'm the "dangerous" one...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Aguest

Your writing style is similar to people suffering from graphorrhea/graphomania.

• jay88
    jay88

Didn't know that was a word "Graphorrhea",....... like a glove

• tec
    tec

There are a lot people on this forum whose writing styles could be described as such. May I ask the point?

Peace,

Tammy

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

The point is that its difficult to hold a discussion when every single itty bitty point is refuted by an essay of often obtuse text. In a discussion its great to have an opinion and join in but there comes a point where opining turns to lecturing turns to preaching. Its much more friendly and inclusive just to get to the point and let people respond. Sometimes the volume of words seems to be used as the main tool of response rather than well thought out ideas.

Plus it's a cool word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit