Does the Issue of Universal Sovereignty make sense to you as an explanation for evil?

by gubberningbody 233 Replies latest jw friends

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

It's been touched on here but I'll expand on it....

Most religions, including even the Watchtower, teach the "truth" underneath the layers of BS that they create when they make everything literal. Additionally, they manufacture a preconceived paradigm that there are these sentient beings, separate from the actual "creation", that control all the good and evil. Once we internalize "God" and "Satan", we come to understand that everything is within our control. If you notice, even "Satan" is part of the Creation. How do we know this? Because it all started with Love. Here's how:

If you're "God", and you're all by yourself and you want someone to interact with, to love and to be loved, then you have to actually separate a piece of yourself from yourself and put it "out there" to evolve. If you give it no free will, it cannot evolve. You must allow the evil because it's the only way to settle the issues. What are the issues? THE ISSUE is what force or energy is dominant in the Universe? What makes it thrive? Love or Evil? What we're finding today through actual scientific experiments is that the creation responds to love. It's been proven with animals, it's been proven with plants, and it's even been proven with water. The Bible says "God is Love". Science says the Universe is Love. This is where science and religion will ultimately merge: Love.

So when the Watchtower says that Satan raised a "legal case", they are taking what we all have under our control and handing off the baton to some mischievous derelict who has to be destroyed by "God" in order to end the evil and suffering.

This is the ruse of religion.

Both "God" and "Satan" are internal to the human being. We humans have the power to end evil and create paradise. No one else does, and no one else will.

• N.drew
    N.drew

BRAVO!!!!

I should elaborate; ProdigalSon I concur.

It is the human race's job to reflect the love.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

gubberningbody:

No, I never could quite accept this as I consider the story of the human race on earth as a tragedy. I cannot see how anything justifies the millennia long suffering of people over some issue. The idea of a whole planet of people being punished for what somebody eons ago did is not something I can ever accept. We are nothing more than a cosmic bet.

If true, I can hardly find such a god to be lovable. This is my big issue and it runs deeper than the JW religion or any other religion for that matter. The very nature of god. What is he and can I love him??? And don't anybody give me any of that garbage of how I must love him (or else). I am no masochist. I am simply asking: Is he even lovable???

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes, mighty lovable!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

It should not have taken this long. Also, this "test" that we all are supposed to undergo is an unfair one. We are immediately at a severe disadvantage because of our imperfection. It's like trying to draw a line in one of those kids maze puzzles without touching any of the walls and somebody is moving the paper we are writing on. And we are supposed to be judged on this test? BS

• N.drew
    N.drew

We judge ourselves, do we not? Who is judging you MrFreeze?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

If you are a JW the Watchtower judges you. This supposed issue of universal sovereignty. Its supposed to be a test to choose if we are siding with God or Satan. Who decides the questions on this test? The Watchtower thinks that they do. I am not a JW anymore. I can judge myself based on what I perceive is right and wrong. There is no issue of universal sovereignty. Its a made up concept to keep the sheep in line. The test is too black and white. Either you are with God or against him.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I agree!

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

you said: "Once you accept an unproved foundation you are stuck with your conclusions that flow from it!"...except we are free to change our minds.

you said: "Good would automatically be only what is practical to our survival."...no more fit of giggles?

you said: "Evil would be whatever opposes it."...that's pretty strict...

love michelle

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I remember thinking, "this issue has nothing to do with me. Jehovah and Satan need to work this out amongst themselves."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit