Does the Issue of Universal Sovereignty make sense to you as an explanation for evil?

by gubberningbody 233 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

OK, you have successfully melted my brain, happy?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It makes sense in that Jehovah is a tyrant, and will do anything to ruin life for everyone because someone has a better way. Fact is, Jehovah wants everyone enslaved to him, and to be stagnant and miserable all the time while he steals the glory for everything. Sick, broke, dumb, and miserable is what Jehovah wants us to be. Yet, he has a Marfans syndrome when someone insinuates that he doesn't love us--the signs are that he hates us all and demands us to praise him anyways.

• Lore
    Lore

"In order to prove how good I am, I'm going to allow lots of horrible things to happen to you and not help."

When I see a child drowning, I choose not to save him. That way the NEXT TIME I see a child drowning and I DO save him, everyone will know how awesome I am.

• N.drew
    N.drew

You don't think it is fair that if you hate him, he reflects you? You didn't always? When you "loved" Him, He didn't love you back? Is that why you are angry, whoever you are that is angry at LOVE?

• snakeface
    snakeface

Never made sense to me. All it does is prove there is NO god. If there was a god he just would not allow wickness at all. Period.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

We really DO create God in our image, don't we?

• N.drew
    N.drew

What is wickedness? Is it all bad?

• Terry
    Terry

Once you accept an unproved foundation you are stuck with your conclusions that flow from it!

Let's pretend for a moment (it won't hurt to PRETEND, will it?) that Evolution is what happened.

How would nature and humanity look and operate in terms of "good" and "evil" that is any different than what we have?

Good would automatically be only what is practical to our survival.

Evil would be whatever opposes it.

The strong, the agressive and the selfish would more often end up on top while the weak, passive and altruistic would endure greater struggles.

Now compare that to the idea of one Supreme, All-Powerful intelligence who cannot do wrong is in charge of the universe--yet, battling against

an inferior foe for thousands and thousands of years without prevailing! A Rube Goldberg plan of "Salvation" becomes necessary to even end up with a few decent humans in the End. But, for it to work, you have "think" it is true and act like it matters!

I don't know about you, but, Evolution is simpler and explains more in this context than all the Apologists have been able to concoct.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

When I believed it, it was difficult to believe. That's it? That's what it's all about? I am GOD and created everything so I am the only one who can rule the universe.

Well, no shit Sherlock!

• N.drew
    N.drew

"Good would automatically be only what is practical to our survival."

Whose survival?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit