Does the Issue of Universal Sovereignty make sense to you as an explanation for evil?

by gubberningbody 233 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

That sucks as a situation to be in. I am very sorry to hear that. There is no expiration date if you need someone to talk to.

Thank you, EP. I won't forget. I think I'm going to delete what I wrote though, at least for now.

I know you like Shelby, even if you disagree or get annoyed with one another. I don't try to mediate between you two... you seem to be able to handle one another just fine ;), and have your own thing going on.

Peace,

Tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

yeah, not necessarily a bad idea. and NOW you have a PM.

I am headed to bed in the next 30 mins. Have to get up and get the kids ready for meeting.

• bohm
    bohm

Tec: If you are seing and talking to things which does not exist, there is something wrong with you. your head does not work the way it is supposed to. period. The delusions may be temporal and so on, but in the case of shelby, they are recurring and she is obviously unable to tell them apart from the real world.

The website i quoted even instructed people to call 911 if the person suffering the delusions are unable to tell it from the truth.

how much more obvious can it be?

• designs
    designs

bohm-

You mean the Green Tinkerbell I see flying around the room isn't really there, damn! I hate when that happens

• bohm
    bohm

designs -- depends, if the green tinkerbell identify itself as "jesus" and tell you to go preach how awsome it is on an chatboard for islandic stamp collectors, well, it properly IS real, afterall what is truth? science was wrong about pumps and afro hair, and if something is true today it is true yesterday, even if we think it is not true tomorrow! and in that case it wouldnt be correct to say it was not true when someone thought it was rather silly 120 years ago, but who knows, truth is after all truth and not untruth and so there.

on the other hand, if it says it not jesus, you are properly crazy :-).

• Twitch
    Twitch

I heard a voice once who told me it was jesus. Might've been the mushrooms tho ;)

I was told if I really wanted a spiritual journey that peyote was the ticket. Being of native ancestry and intrigued with shamanism at the time, I considered it and not only because it came from a "natural" source, unlike many other manmade chemicals that "opened" the mind and consciousness. Never did though; I quit those things near 20 years ago now. I reasoned that my brain is just fine in it's natural state and works better in the real world that way.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Interesting comments... but nothing worth commenting on/responding to except, as to dear tec and N.Drew... peace to you both... and:

Oh, sweet baby jesus, are you armchair diagnosing me again

Er?! Ummmmm... your "reaction" to my retort is very surprising... and, I have to admit, quite curious... dear EP (the greatest of love and peace to you... truly!). I had absolutely NO idea that you were referring to yourself. I thought you were being facetious. Seriously, I took it as an off-the-cuff attempt at facetious humor, even thought it a bit humorous, actually... and simply responded candidly... as I often do. Because that was the frame of mind I was in at the time, given the direction of the thread. Never in a million years put you in the picture... seriously... because regardless of what I DO think of you... I never envisioned you putting rum in YOUR morning coffee (who DOES that??). I am sorry, truly, if my candid retort "struck a chord" with you - it absolutely was not intended... but only meant to be as facetious as I thought you were being.

Again, peace to you...

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, walking away scratching her head...

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said: "Despite the fact that Shelby is not infallible (she would be the first to yell that from the rooftops )"...what's the wink supposed to mean?...

love michelle

• tec
    tec

Um... just that I know she doesn't think she's infallible, and to ensure that she knows also that I was also being lighthearted... not mean spirited.

Peace,

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Tec: If you are seing and talking to things which does not exist, there is something wrong with you.

Agreed. But therein lies the difference between us. I believe the 'things' she is seeing and talking to are real. To you, they are not real. You are left with no other options but that she is either lying, or crazy. You can't consider that she sees and hears these 'things' because they are real. I can. In fact, it would be silly to believe in Christ and not believe that such things (seeing and hearing) are real and possible.

Peace,

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit