The Faithful and Discreet Slave - A JW Myth

by 00DAD 92 Replies latest jw friends

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Hi "Compoundcomplex"

I don't know much about Brother Knorr and his qualities. Did he oppose the date fixing for the "End Times"?

Did he tell Frantz to back off of trying to figure out, what Jesus said was reserved only for the Father? (Acts 1)

Does anyone know much about Brother Knorr, he appears to be the silent president you rarely read about in the WT or

any other book. Rusell and Rutherford come up frequently but we never read much about brother Knorr. Are there any mature

ones here who remember him? I would love to learn more about him. Thank you!

• wobble
    wobble

click the search box at the top of this page, enter "knorr" and you will see a number of interesting threads.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Nathan Knorr quoted in Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz:

"There are some things I know--I know that Jehovah is God, that Christ Jesus is his Son, that he gave his life as a ransom for us, that there is [going to be] a resurrection. Other things I'm not so certain about. 1914--I don't know. We have talked about 1914 for a long time. We may be right and I hope we are." … but then again maybe not! - CofC, p. 260

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

I just used some of this. Great quotes. Thank you!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Shades: You're welcome! Where'd you use it? Do tell!!!

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Oh, it is too delicious!!!! We are witnessing for Jesus... to family members... and they are listening! Asking for more even!

Pray for our family please!

I will catch you guys up when things slow down around here.

Your sis,

Shades

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Shades: That's exciting. Keep us posted!

Daniel

• sizemik
    sizemik

Some interesting quotes from WT publications on the identity of the F&DS here (C/- poster passwordprotected) . . .

http://jwbaptism.blogspot.com/2011/10/legal-identity-of-steward.html

No mention of any "annointed" here . . . F&DS = WTB&TS

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

That is quite a quote! Thanks.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

Here is where I used the quotes. My husband is the one doing the talking. I added a few things to his stack of apostamaterials. :)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/218061/1/Lord-to-whom-would-we-go-away-to-Who-is-your-mediator

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit