The Faithful and Discreet Slave - A JW Myth

by 00DAD 92 Replies latest jw friends

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

In the long gradual evolution of the WTS. one can see incremental steps to build up the spiritual connection from this organization and toward god.

Well after all, the organization demonised all other Christian based faiths openly without discretion, the only thing to do now was to build up their own

public image as self marketing tool to the public. Promote this public image through their own published literature and wallah you have yourself

a kingdom, with all the attaching power and accumulating financial support by the naively ignorant.

I'm surprised the WTS. hasn't come out with their own book " How to Build a Kingdom for Dummies "

Great research by the way Leolaia

• Gayle
    Gayle

I remember how Knorr a couple of times (back in early '70s) at 'morning text' made comments that he had some occasion or so of someone just because they were a 'partaker' that they would want to just come up to his office and have a chat. He would just state the inference of anyone think they could do such a thing, like who do they think they are,, or even if there was some young 'new boy' Bethelite partaker think they were going to just come into Bethel and think they were going to hobnob with Knorr, well, that just wasn't going to happen at all. . . . . Well, he would have croaked back then if he could have known, that Knorr and his cohorts would all just die in this life afterall and one of those 'new boys' then would have been Steve Lett (about 20/21 in '69), now on the Governing Body.

Please know there was no big 'bonding' club even at Bethel among ones just because they were 'partakers.'

• moshe
    moshe

I have pretty much given up trying to explain to JWs that the F&DS are just imaginary people-ie, a literary device used to control the stooge JW membership. They appear to enjoyed being abused by their lying religion and passing on that abuse by shunning former members- even if they are their own flesh & blood.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Because they believe the first myth -- that God directs and leads their organisation -- they then, of necessity, believe that anything it says is true.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Things that make you go, hmmmm!

Interesting, as shown previously: the WTBTS says it does NOT keep track of the anointed ones that make up the FDS, but ....

The Watch Tower does keep records of people accused of molestation, but the number in the database is far fewer than 23,000, he [J.R. Brown] said, declining to give a specific figure. Watch Tower officials use the database to ensure that a person against whom a credible allegation of molestation is made won't be elevated to positions of authority. Also, Brown said, if a person is accused in separate incidents, Witness officials have a record of that history and will look into the matter seriously. - St. Petersburg Times Newspaper, August 22, 2002

Thanks to OUTLAW who posted this on the related thread: The real identity of the F&DS revealed...any news yet?

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

They also keep records of judicial committee decisions and retain files of disfellowshipped members. Yet not the details of those God is using as his channel. Curious.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

MrMonroe - They also keep records of judicial committee decisions and retain files of disfellowshipped members. Yet not the details of those God is using as his channel. Curious.

Good point. Thank you for noticing yet one more detail showing the credibility gap of the GB. They keep meticulous notes of everything (kind of like the Nazis) no matter how relatively unimportant, yet they somehow mysteriously fail to keep track of what should be the most important thing for them to know: the identity of the individuals that comprise the "Faithful and Discreet Slave"

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Just bookmarking

• Think About It
    Think About It

But I think that fact that the GB DO NOT even attempt to keep track of the FDS/Anointed Ones is evidence that they are NOT in fact important to them.

If I remember correctly didn't everyone's Publisher Card have a designation for either Anointed (A) or Other Sheep (OS)? The WTS GB may not care who they are, but I guarantee this controlling cult absolutely has a list of who is partaking and claiming Anointed status.

Think About It

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

From their point of view , it is clear that they have decided that they are better off not knowing..

Do they really want to have to go through and decide that old Bro. Faithful is genuine..but new Sis Convert-Partaker is deluded ?

What they have done in one fell swoop is to dismiss the embarrassment of the rising numbers of partakers . They just say "So what?"

I suspect that next year's partaker figure will not be published , or even counted at The Memorial

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit