The Faithful and Discreet Slave - A JW Myth

by 00DAD 92 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

TimothyT: Any response I would make to your question, "why do the GB not care about keeping track of these annointed ones if they are so important?" would of course be speculation. (I'm not a mind reader ... lol).

But I think that fact that the GB DO NOT even attempt to keep track of the FDS/Anointed Ones is evidence that they are NOT in fact important to them.

It's really a form of a spiritual "shell game" ... where are the anointed running things? Can you guess? It's the FDS! Where are they? Why all over the world of course?

Again, I know it's all BS from the GB, I was just wondering if they ever even TRIED to explain how this thing is supposed to work. Interesting that apparently they don't even think it's important enough or possible to try to come up with a WT brand "plausible" explanation.

• compound complex
    compound complex

One thing that you can be confident in, is what gets written in todays Watchtower is not what was written years ago and you can also be confident

things written in the future will not coincide what is being written today.

This is man made organization, as people change their positions in the organization so do the expressed proclamations.

thetrueone

While my own experience may prove nothing more than anecdotal, I feel it's worthy of mention.

As I have posted previously on other threads, an anointed Jewish sister (fleshly and spiritual) told me that the anointed were invited to write the Society [this was MANY years ago]. Her personal friend was Anton Koerber, Rutherford's secretary. She wrote a letter regarding her understanding of the link between the elect and the Israel of God. Many of the anointed felt it was impertinent to claim such identification with Heavenly Jerusalem (I realize there is some distinction between these terms per the Society).

She was impatient that no reply to her letter was forthcoming. Koerber told her to wait patiently as a reply would come. Two years later, as she related to me, her viewpoint was published in The Watchtower.

Well, for whatever it's worth, Sarah was adamant that their letters were welcome!

CoCo

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars: interesting cite. I find the GB's terse answer to the question enlightening:

Q: Are all these anointed ones throughout the earth part of a global network that is somehow involved in revealing new spiritual truths?

A: No. - w09 6/15

Well there we have it! They admit it. The anointed are NOT part of the revealing of spiritual truths. Hard to believe, but there it is in proverbial B&W.

But they then continue with their typical WT-esque theosophical, obfuscational gymnastics, "Although as a composite body the slave class is responsible for feeding the spiritual household, not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments."

OK then the "composite body' IS after all responsible for this all important spiritual feeding. How many are actually involved? What are the numbers?

Let's reason on this. Last year there were 7,224,930 Average Publishers, 11,202 Memorial Partakers and 7 members of the Governing Body. (I know, I know: some of the "partakers" are "mentally unbalanced". Let's not go there).

That means there is:

• 645 Publisher for every Partakers,
    • 1,600 Partaker for every GB Member, and
    • 1,032,133 Publishers for every GB Member

You have a "composite body" consisting of 11,202 "anointed of Jehovah", but only 7 of them in fact have any real input into the actual running of things, the "feeding". Those 7 guys do ALL the heavy lifting!!!

You just gotta' love the GB's, "not all individuals of the slave class have the same responsibilities or work assignments." Apparently not. That is the understatement of the century. In fact, the other 11,195 are simply not needed or consulted in any way, shape or form. The 7 GB super-men don't even know who or where they are. They don't need to. Why would they? After all, each of them is only responsible for the spiritual welfare of a million or so souls bought with the blood of Christ. It's not like it's a big deal or anything like that. They could probably any one of them do it blindfolded, standing on one leg with the other arm tied behind their back while suffering from a bad head cold.

I think it's perfectly reasonable that 7 people could feed 7 million. Who would need any extra help with that?

Let's review: It's a "composite body" of about eleven thousand (give or take) but only seven of them really do any of the work. So what was the point of Jesus illustration/parable/prophecy again?

Seriously!

• erbie
    erbie

In short, you cannot make sense out of nonsense and those guys are full of it.

• cedars
    cedars

00DAD - yes, when you put it like that, it is truly ridiculous.

Another angle, which I've explored on this forum, is why does anointed old Sister Wrinkly have absolutely no say whatsoever in what goes on in her local congregation, and yet she has been selected by Christ to rule as a king/priest over the whole earth?

There's one for ya!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars, yeah I always did have a problem with that one too. Some snot nosed boy gets more respect than an older sister that's going to rule in heaven because of the GB's twisted interpretations! Worse, if he's an MS (and probably only shaves once a week) she has to be submissive to him as he stumbles through conducting a meeting for field service.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Do you feel it was significant that Anton Koerber took Sarah's contribution seriously?

Those were different times, obviously. Of course, JFR took credit for the writing. The anointed I knew 40-50 years ago were a different breed, albeit not necessarily whom I once understood them to be: the Ruth and Naomi class, etc.

CC

• 00DAD
    00DAD

CC: I don't know how to respond. Maybe they took Sarah's contribution into consideration, maybe not.

In the '80s the society published an Awake! mis-stating that the raccoon was the largest rodent in the world. I wrote in correcting them that it was actually the capybara.

I never got a reply, but I did see a correction in the back of the Awake! months later. The correction was attributed to someone else from another country. Maybe more than one person wrote in. Who knows.

I remember thinking at the time how could "God's Organization" not even know their rodents ... but then again, I thought, "They're human and imperfect. Besides this is a RELIGIOUS organization, not a zoological one!" So they damn sure better get their spiritual facts straight!!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

erbie: you said in 16 words what I've been trying to say for days!!!!

Well done!

• Ding
    Ding

If I remember correctly, Ray Franz discussed this in CoC, saying that the GB never sought or received any input from the "anointed" throughout the world and that the GB neither knows nor cares who these people are.

I think the WT has said that there is no need for the GB to know who they are (sorry that I don't have the reference on that, but I think it's fairly recent.

Evidently, these "anointed" don't do any ruling until they get to heaven.

Of course, the whole doctrine is an embarrassment.

The WT used to teach that the "anointed" class closed in 1935, but they had to get "new light" when Armageddon didn't arrive as expected; the class had to open up again so the current GB could allegedly be of the anointed remnant.

As to how the GB explains all this... they don't; JWs swallow whatever they say and don't require them to explain anything; too many questions = apostate thinking, and we all know what that means to a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit