The Faithful and Discreet Slave - A JW Myth

by 00DAD 92 Replies latest jw friends

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

My father professes to be of the annointed. He was disfellowshipped, for still unknown reasons, because at his judicial committee he stated that he was part of the Faithful and Discreet Slave. It lasted for about a year. The Presiding Overseer looked into it and told the committee to get their act together.

That was 20 years ago. He's been dealing with being persecuted by the local BOE and various appointed agents of the evil empire for nearly 30 years. He went from being an elder, presiding overseer, having parts on the Circuit and District level to being wrongfully shunned simply due to moving from one state to another. It breaks my heart and the worst part is that his still faithful to the evil empire. He still tries to convince me to come back.

• ShadesofGrey
    ShadesofGrey

That is the real tragedy, truth b known, when people put up with that much abuse and still don't break free. :(

I tried to show a friend the truth because her dad was d-fed for not accepting that the world would end in '75... well, they are all fully indoctrinated again. It makes me sick.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    when people put up with that much abuse and still don't break free. :(

Agreed . . . both of your stories are tragic.

Loyalty is among the greatest of virtues . . . but when misplaced or worse, abused, it's a sorry thing indeed.

Petty political jealousies can get you thrown under the bus . . . for life, in WT world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit