SURVEY: How many who are still "IN" are really out mentally (Do I need to put " S E X " in the Title to increase the number of hits on it?)

by DesirousOfChange 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There was quite a debate on another post about the increase/decrease throughout the WT history surrounding 1975 and subsequent time periods when ther have been major adjustments in doctrine. It was said that the stasticis from 1965-1985 do not reflect a massive defection, despite the failure of the WT's prophecy for the End of The Wicked System of things by 1975.

I see the Overlapping Generation as another potention issue to cause fallout. Yet there is still an increase as reported in the Yearbooks.

I WONDER HOW MANY WHO ARE STILL OFFICIALLY "IN" ARE REALLY OUT "MENTALLY".

Who here who is still "IN", are just in for family, business connections, social contacts, etc???

HOW MANY in your hall are still "IN" for those reasons??? Estimate what percent in your Cong that you think are just going through the motions.

MY QUESS: At least 30%. And that doesn't consider faders or inactive ones who are not there at all.

DOC

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Putting "SEX" in the title kinda makes the topic sexy and will guarantee that folks will take a peep. It won't prolong the life of a topic tho'. :D

• Shador
    Shador

Me. I remain in for the sake of my mother and stepfather, for whom I care deeply.

I honestly see no hope of awakening them. They have been through hell and still cling to "the troof", as below:

My stepfather suffers from bipolar and severe chronic back problems, among other things. At one point, he was basically screwed over in a business dealing with another brother and nothing was ever done about it. Because of his health, lately he could not make meetings regularly and had low field service. Because of this, he was removed as a MS, had other privelages revoked, and has been basically treated like shit by the local elders. This has also put considerable emotional strain on my mother. Despite all this, they still cling to this religion and are convinced that the local elders are simply "bad elders" and not representative of the borganization as a whole. *sigh*

Luckily, none of my extended family on my mother's or my natural father's side are Witlesses (although just about all of my stepfather's are) and I communicate regularly with them via FB, which is helpful in keeping sane.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Mentally out, physically in for the sake of family, of which, over time, I think some would see the light, but it's a long road,and for me it would be worth it. Congregation wise, I would say 20%

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

CHAMPIONS: Congregation wise, I would say 20%

I was thinking of the post on here recently that said over 50% low hour (well below national average) publishers. Sure some are old or sick, but what about all those others who don't even get their 8 hours/month? We only had about 25%-30% do the 30-hour special aux pion arrangement and that was a big-time push for 100% participation.

If they are not mentally tuning out, then it's lots of appathy.

DOC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well that's the thing about averages. Half will be under, half will be over. They just like to play the guilt game. If half the students get an F and the other half get an A, the average is a C. easy peasy.

As far as how many are in, but mentally out---that's hard for me to estimate. To be honest, when I got here I was SHOCKED how many lived like this. I was under the impression that it was only a few "weak" ones. I have faded.

NC

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

DOC - yes, I do see where you are coming from. In our cong, we had the local needs that 1/3 of the cong was at a 4 hr average. So, you figure in elderly, infirm and apathetic and you've got about 20% mentally out.

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

In my area, I would guess about 15% are completely out mentally, of the younger people even 40%. I'm one of the "in for family reasons".

Further 30% are in a state of apathy and run on autopilot.

My impression is that doctrinal reasons as mentioned by DoC are only for a minority the reason to leave mentally (or physically). Most of them are just not that interested in religion and want to life their lifes as everyone elso outside the org.

• JRK
    JRK

I don't know about that, but I like sex.

JK

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My impression is that doctrinal reasons as mentioned by DoC are only for a minority the reason to leave mentally (or physically).

Lazarus: I think the fact that the Big A has been right around the corner for 100 years now is a real factor. Unfortunately, you have to be OLD to get to the point that you personally realize how long it's been ALMOST UPON US ANY MINUTE NOW........

Young converts or born-ins think that it is a NEW warning message going out. IT"S IMMINENT! Right............just like it was imminent for my grandparents, my parents, and me as a kid in school on up. By the time you wake up from the slumber, most of your life has passed by.

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit