SURVEY: How many who are still "IN" are really out mentally (Do I need to put " S E X " in the Title to increase the number of hits on it?)

by DesirousOfChange 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lazarus
    Lazarus

DoC, don't get me wrong, for me are doctrinal issues the only reason for inwardly abandon "the truth". The same for the majority on this board.

BUT, as far as I can see, 4 out of 5 leave mainly for other reasons. Thats my impression at least.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Im in. Simply for the sake of family. Idk what to do just yet. But in end, I choose life over family. They will choose the religion over me anyway, and I have accepted that, hard as it may be.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Count me "in" for family reasons, "out" mentally for many years.

• truthlover
    truthlover

In but out on a lot of issues

• agent zero
    agent zero

i am one of those mentally-out "in's", though my "in"hood is gradually decreasing.

to accurately know how many still in are out mentally, you'd have to ask every individual active JW, and even then the veracity of their responses can be iffy. the best we can do is guess.

in my congregation, well it's hard to know although i often wonder about that. it's a conservative bunch with many older ones and low education levels. my guess is no more than 5%.

• St George of England
    St George of England

In for family, out for almost three years now.

This site is 100% responsible for waking me up. If only we had internet 50 years ago.

I have no idea how many in my congregation feel the same, not the sort of question to go around asking.

George

• agent zero
    agent zero
    not the sort of question to go around asking

ha no, not exactly!

ironic though, isn't it, that such a simple and otherwise harmless question, "do you believe these things?", can get you in a bad situation so fast! smells north-korean.

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I'm still in but mentally out. It's mainly for my wife's family and social aspects.
    As far as people in my hall that also maybe out mentally, it's hard to say. But I would guess maybe less than 5%, and perhaps even lower. There are a lot of older ones and they seem to be true, hardcore believers.

CoC

• lifestooshort
    lifestooshort

Wow that many!! I think I can go back to the hall... but this time to get laid !!!

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Did someone say S. E. X.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit