I've lurked a long time: JW's produce some of the most paranoid humans

by Unlearn 105 Replies latest jw friends

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

I worship myself

Not a good way to begin your new life.

• journey-on
    journey-on

One of the meanings of "worship" is: Ardent, humble devotion.

If you look at yourself as the physical manifestation of a spiritual nature, and apply the above meaning, you can be ardently devoted to your life and remain humble.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

@Unlearn...We are kindred spirits...I was 25 when appointed an elder...CA at 29..DC at 31..PO at 32...I never had a "relationship with God" but I knew how to kiss ass, smchooz and climb the theocratic ladder...the "privileges" I had were a treasure to me..I chuckle now because I realize how litte they actual mean in real life. I wasted a lot of time.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

30 years and I am still unlearning, still remembering that I am not "in" anymore, still judging about weird things-use of the word "lucky".

I have come to be aware of several people that I was previously connected to, directly or indirectly, while on this board. Don't worry. You are free now, they can't hurt you.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Pffft!@ Jonathan Dough

The resident Jehovah's Witness apologist has arrived...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dang! I forgot to say WELCOME. I'm glad you made it out. This is a great place to be.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story.

I was the first one to awake and can relate to the late nights on the computer. My husband has left mentally too and the advice to be patient was the best anyone gave me.

• minimus
    minimus

UNLEARN, congrats to you and your wife!!!

It's great seeing that there are some lurkers in responsible positions who realize that sham that the Organization really is! It makes me appreciate that we will have other courageous ones like you that will get out of that cult. Kudos to anyone that try to get out!!!!

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome to JWN!

• crazycate
    crazycate

Your story is fascinating. Thank you for posting. I can also relate. The first time I went to a website like this I was scared to death. But I was also going out of my mind (please note my name) thinking I was the only one who felt like I did, who had these doubts, who felt that something was not quite right! What a relief to find that I wasn't the only one, but rather that there were many, many people who felt the same way.

Best wishes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit