I've lurked a long time: JW's produce some of the most paranoid humans

by Unlearn 105 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

And I do have a confession to make,the first time I read "apostate"sites,I was worried the demons would get me,lol. No,seriously,sad,but,true.

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

Again, thanks so much for the welcoming posts. It feels so good to be around 'my kind'. You know what I mean? I have so many friends....GOOD friends...who sympathize with me, but really don't know what it was like to be a part of a cult that dominates every aspect of your life. You all get it. It just really makes me feel so nice to just speak with you. Thank you.
    @ flipper - I received your PM and your information. How so very kind. Thank you.

I hope all the lurkers can one day tell us their stories of how they got out. It's a shock of sorts when you realize that what you thought was SO important was, in reality, some eccentric little 'nothing' dogma. The world...indeed, 'history', does not take the JW's seriously. They are one of those interesting little footnotes in the human trait of 'over-doing' it. And it's genius that their leaders constantly push a 'persecution complex' among their members. It enables them to thrive in adversity. Try to point out to them how utterly useless they are...how misguided and foolish they're belief system is. They feed on your criticism. It's a really basic and nasty system. Boy, I hope you can get the hell out.
    Kingdom Halls are boring. And R-Rated movies are just THE BEST.

• sprintcmp
    sprintcmp

"Life is a big beautiful forest...so much to see and do and explore. This cult is the section of fence near the outskirts of the woods, that you get your coat snagged on. It holds you up from the real world."

WOW...Just WOW!

I love that analogy...that is EXACTLY how I feel. My coat got snagged on the fence that is this cult, and although I am free (faded) the rip in my coat is permanent...and I will always have to make accomodations for the compromised and weak bits of the coat that is my life.

Man...you are poetic.

• kazar
    kazar

Welcome Unlearn!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • cult classic
    cult classic

Howdy!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

bttt

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

welcome Unlearn, great to see another elder leaving and well done in bringing your wife out of the diseased cancer, they must be going through some serious worries these days with so many leaving and seeing minus and zero growth rates world wide, hope you stick around.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome, unlearn! And thanks for being so open and honest. This is the best thread I've seen in at least a year. I look forward to reading more of your history and insights! I'm also a born-in. I've been out for quite a while. But unraveling is a life-long process.

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

So it's been a couple of years since I posted this.
    Pretty soon, I'm going to 'come out' publicly.
    I think it could be for the best. I have a somewhat 'public' identity which is somewhat influential to a certain circle of funny and weird people in the world.
    Maybe going public could help one or two folks in that little circle.

This site was an aid in helping me get over the JW Gestapo atmosphere... ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit