• tec
    tec

You did awesome!!! Great work!

Peace to you,

Tammy

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Awesome. Congratulations!

To go to college full-time as an adult trying to support yourself is HARD. I take one class at a time and it is hard. I admire your hard work and acheivement.

• sherah
    sherah

Go Billy!!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had a rough time starting college. Besides, the JW problems, my family was working class. I wanted to be midddle class but did not trust anyone. If I had only confided to someone, help would have been available. Many decades later, I had to submit my college transcript yesterday to show I had prerequisites. I did well after a while so I am used to seeing As. My freshman year stared at me with B-. I will never forget an entitled student informing me that my life woulld be in the toilet with B-s. Why go on wasting space on the planet?

Based on my personal circumstances, those B-s represented tremendous achievement. A lot of college work seems class based. You need to feel entitled to seek help. It is the opposite of high school. My college was so nice. It freaked me. I was used to screams and nastiness. You are seeking help before the fact. I don't college is truly about the facts you learn. Your knowledge will fade in time or you will move on to different interests. The critical thinking skills and being able to try to shape your response to enhance success seem far more important.

My first semesters of college were sheer hell. I had to learn enough to compete with people who had normal educations. People not raised in cults. There was no magic bullet in my case. Slowly, I made the transition. Once the playing field was levelled, I excelled. The important thing is to hang on and trust in a better future. Isn't just sitting in a college class amazing after the Witnesses?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit