2011 Global Survey of Jehovah's Witnesses

by cedars 80 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

Hello

If you are visiting this site for the first time, or for the first time in a long while, I would appreciate if you could click on the following link and participate in the 2011 Global Survey of Jehovah's Witnesses. Both active Jehovah's Witnesses and Former Jehovah's Witnesses around the world are invited to participate anonymously, and the results will be forwarded to the Governing Body and world's media.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T7ZM5ZC

This thread will be updated with the results of the survey (for the time being at least) should you be interested.

In its first 3 days, the survey collected close to 400 responses. The Survey ends on December 31st, 2011 - hopefully, to be replaced by the 2012 Survey, which will be improved based on the results and feedback gathered from this survey. At the current rate, we can hope to gather around 12,800 responses before December 31st, and hopefully far in excess of that figure if other websites get involved in advertizing it.

If you are familiar with the survey having followed it on this forum, you will be aware that certain issues have recently arisen regarding funding. I would prefer not to discuss these on this thread, since it is against site policy to do so. Rest assured, I am in discussions with site management on finding a way forward. In the meantime, I welcome your continued feedback on the survey itself, and any questions or comments you may have regarding it.

Cedars

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Done.

What do you expect the results of the survey to show?

Will the GB pay any attention to it and will they change policy?

I'll find it interesting though. But I can't imagine the end result being anything other than a curiosity.

• cedars
    cedars

bigmouth - thanks for taking part!

The theory is something similar to that expressed in Matt 7:7:

"Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you."

My idea is that the very existence of an annual online survey that allows people to express doubts about the Governing Body is an act of defiance against their leadership. They may try to ignore it, maybe even the first survey or so, but as the press get wind of the growing statistical evidence of dissent within the organization, they will be forced to acknowledge the survey and it may even lead to them taking action to adjust some of their teachings. Who knows? Judging by their obsession with figures, my guess is that they will be intrigued by it, even if they are openly dismissive of it.

I'm not sure exactly what the survey will achieve, but I know that it MIGHT achieve a great deal if enough people take part. That, for me, is sufficient reason to put my energies into it.

• TimothyT
  • Listener
    Listener

Cedars I think what you are doing could be very productive, even though the GB may well ignore it at least it must make them confront issues to some extent even if that is only having an awareness.

• Adso
    Adso

Just did the survey Cedars. Thanks for that, it was quite therapeutic.

• cedars
    cedars

Listener and Adso - many thanks indeed for filling in the survey, and for your feedback. Hopefully this survey will be productive, even if (as you say) it only serves to raise awareness among the Governing Body that not everybody within the organization is in agreement with their teachings.

We're now on 421 responses, keep it up everyone!

• foundlife
    foundlife

i am so glad to see this survey continue! I have been observing this site for some time now. This place has been a source of therapy for me and helped bring me out of extreme depression. Thanks to the hard work of people like cedars and others here, you guys may be helping save lives not just in the future, but today! Thank you all.

• zoiks
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Cedars is very new to this site and lacks much "history", in fact NO long term history with this site.

Any chance that going to an independent survey site conveys a person's IP address or other private information that someone who is fading might not like to have broadcast across the web to others unknown or untrusted?

Looking for an educated answer from a Techie.

No offense intended, Cedars. It's not paranoia if they really are out to get ya.

DOC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit