Just why would god create dinos??

by highdose 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    God didn't create them. The Satan the Devil put the bones in rocks to confuse humankind.

You may laugh, but my mother-in-law ACTUALLY stated this one time... of course we laughed our a$$es off at her later. But only a true Dub would come up with such a preposterous statement.

I've grappled with this question for a while now, but I've yet to arrive at a satisfactory answer. Maybe when we die, we'll find out..?

• highdose
    highdose

exactly so why would a god, so hung up about morals as he is, create a bunch of animals who have no morals at all and whats more create these animals first, millions of years before creating man??

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

Just why would god create dinos??

I believe their is enough scientific evidence regarding the benefits we now receive from

dinosaurs isn't there? Maybe not, I thought there was...

I wonder about mosquitoes and things like that more myself...

Are dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible?

by Matt Slick

There is not a definitive yes or no to this, but it seems as though the Bible does mention dinosaurs. In Job 40:15-24 there is a description of a fearsome creature.

Behold now, Behemoth, which I made as well as you. He eats grass like an ox. 16 Behold now, his strength in his loins, and his power in the muscles of his belly. 17 He bends his tail like a cedar. The sinews of his thighs are knit together . 18 His bones are tubes of bronze. His limbs are like bars of iron. 19 He is the first of the ways of God. Let his maker bring near his sword. 20 Surely the mountains bring him food and all the beasts of the field play there. 21 Under the lotus plants he lies down, in the covert of the reeds and the marsh. 22 The lotus plants cover him with shade. The willows of the brook surround him. 23 If a river rages, he is not alarmed. He is confident, though the Jordan rushes to his mouth. 24 Can anyone capture him when he is on watch, with barbs can anyone pierce his nose?

Some have said that this might be a hippopotamus or even an elephant. But, it speaks of the power and the muscles of his belly (v. 16) and that his tail is like a cedar tree, which is huge (v. 17). This would not support a hippopotamus or elephant explanation. A crocodile has also been considered, but it doesn't eat grass (v. 15). So, no one knows for sure what it is, but whatever it is, it's formidable. Could it be a dinosaur?

Taken from here: http://carm.org/questions/other-questions/are-dinosaurs-mentioned-bible

Peace out

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes! A good one Matt Slick Thanks Greybeard!

Peace in

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    exactly so why would a god, so hung up about morals as he is, create a bunch of animals who have no morals at all and whats more create these animals first, millions of years before creating man??

According to Genesis, only MAN is made in God's image so only MAN is subject to God's moral plan.

As to why God create dthem before man, again it depends on your interpretation of creation and for "theistic evolutionists" that isn''t an issue, but i would guess for fundamentalists it could present an issue of sorts.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

That's why I love it when people say "In the new system.....the earth will be a paradise and man will be perfect.....because that was God's original plan for the earth.......for it to be a paradise with perfect humans dwelling on it". I just want to slap people like that. If the earth has been here for hundreds of millions of years and man has been here for supposedly scarcely 6,000......exactly how can we call that an ORIGINAL purpose?

• erbie
    erbie

It's obvious that God created dino's to give the Watchtower something to ruminate on and jigger up their plan of the ages.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

god created them to get rid of the vegetation he created earlier. there were huge plants and he needed huge animals to eat them.

no joke, my mother once used this explaination - and i was already like 25 years old when she told me that.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Dinosaurs, God's lawnmowers !

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

those were my words...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit