Hello!

by N.drew 30 Replies latest jw friends

• N.drew
    N.drew

I would like to introduce myself belatedly please. I am a middle aged married female. I am an inactive Jehovah's Witness. I was active in the organization for approx. 18 years, not counting pre-baptism. I was baptized in May 1991 (remember being told to remember the date?). I was introduced to the organization via the door to door ministry. Before that first contact, I knew nothing of them. I liked the free bible study and being visited by adult humans as I was home alone with two little girls and unemployed. I was not impressed by the meetings on Sunday nor by the Book Study meeting, but when I finally attended the Theocratic school, that is what decided it for me. I have not sent a request for disassociation to the org because I concluded it is thier rule to do so which I did disassociate myself from the Congregationalist Church, because it was something I was told to do. When I did, I left the pastor a song book, because I believed "Jehovah" was a mystery to most people. Come to find out later, my mom's Bible was an old one which had God's Name spelled out, not in one or two places, but everywhere it was.

I hope to make some friends here. I am enjoying reading the posts. God bless you all. Oh, I am a Christian. I believe Jesus. I trust in no man. I am manic, some of you know already by my posts, but depression does not often hit me. I am here very often, might have something to do with being a little OC. (obsessive). I also have a blog, I am on facebook, and I train my mind on Lumosity. I collect buttons. I am happy to be here and I am happy you all are surviving some terrible ordeals.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nice to meet you N.Drew. Welcome to the board! :D

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hello N. Drew. You are most welcome here.

• cedars
    cedars

N.drew - I know we have locked horns on here before, but I just wanted to commend you for expressing your story so coherently. It's so nice to know that you are able to explain yourself in a format that is easily readible. I look forward to reading more similar contributions from you in the future.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Thank you! shamus100, I hope you are so happy, I think you make lots of people laugh! God bless! I have tiny memories of my childhood. I can never write a biography, because I don't remember. But I remember one instance in elementary school, what year, who knows? I sneazed and nobody said "bless you". I still remember that.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Hi again N.drew ; glad to hear your okay!

For some reason I thought you were single with no helper, maybe that was a past reference I was picking up on?

I had mentioned that my family likes to befriend single parents, but we also enjoy couples that are honest in their lives.

Write you latter, and say: "Hi" to your family from ours!

PS: cedars, you took the high road; I like that in you!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Welcome N.Drew! Thanks for sharing your story.

• Bella15
    Bella15

@ N.drew "When I did, I left the pastor a song book, because I believed "Jehovah" was a mystery to most people. Come to find out later, my mom's Bible was an old one which had God's Name spelled out, not in one or two places, but everywhere it was"

Don't they make you believe that they are the ONLY ONES using God's name? What a deceptive practice!

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Glad you are part of this forum. Thanks for sharing your experience and hope this forum continues to benefit you.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Welcome ND, I have enjoyed sharing in your posts. Glad to hear your Bio.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit