New light emerging?

by breakfast of champions 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I compare this 'public version' statement with "No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family." Awake! 2009 July p.29 (p.28)

....and it's clear to me it's more outright lies to hook in victims to the cult. Simple as!

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

There is no doubt that this is a major contradiction in doctrine. The WT has repeatedly put in print their explanation of Ezekiel's vision of the man with the secretary's inkhorn that marked on the forehead those sighing and groaning over the detestable things being done. The mark on the forehead indicating those who would be spared destruction corresponds to modern day baptism into Jehovah's organization. They have stated this unequivocally on more than one occasion, and I'm sure someone (Blondie?) who has easier access to the WT CD could pull up a multitude of citations fairly quickly.

So, if you need the mark on the forehead--supposedly a mark of identity, that everyone can see--to survive (and in Ezekiel's vision, NO ONE survived w/o it) aka public baptism--any supposed "reading of hearts" is meaningless.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Interested one...I guess there are not too many good-hearted people in India and China...what about all of those born each day at a rate that JW growth will never catch up with!

• james_woods
    james_woods
    As for why bother knocking on all those doors, he said that we don't totally know the mind of JehovahTHE GOVERNING BODY, but we know we are commanded to preach, so we do all we can to preach.

Fixed that for you.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What would the JWs do with hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS of Asian people post-Armageddon? The hubris of them even thinking they would rule over a mostly-empty world is bad enough but to think they're going to rule a world full of people who think they're idiots is demented and sad.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    What would the JWs do with hundreds of millions, if not BILLIONS of Asian people post-Armageddon? The hubris of them even thinking they would rule over a mostly-empty world is bad enough but to think they're going to rule a world full of people who think they're idiots is demented and sad.

They would just have to leave them in a wilderness no-JW-land, because in the JW new system there would not be anyone who could pilot an airliner or captain an ocean liner. There would be enough trouble just in the U.S., what with nobody to generate power, pump fresh water, process sewage, provide food, and a myriad of other little details that no JW has ever thought of.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I know why most preach...to be able to put a number on a service report. Remove this riquirement on watch what will happen. In our area pioneers who go door to doors during the week can spend a whole morning without having one person at home...but they still continue...knowing that's what Jehovah WTS wants...

• steve2
    steve2

Doesn't this thread expose the whole (Christian, Judaic and Muslim) shambolic religious literature on who will and won't be destroyed by a loving "God"? While the JWs and a swag of myriad other religions each has its finely-tuned doctrines on Who Will Be Destroyed, the real grab-bag of threats to kill everyone who disobeys "God's chosen people" is the very stuff that makes the Old and New Testaments the "wonderful" books that they are. Castigate the JWs, sure, but castigate especially the idiotic collection of primitive books that we wrongly call "The Holy Bible" for its fiendish advocating of kill all who do not recognize "the one true God".

• baltar447
    baltar447

Printing something more moderate sounding like this is designed for them to show that they "aren't a whacko end times controlling cult". Them being double-tounged like this is a big part of why I left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit