Am i worthy to partake of the bread and the wine?

by TimothyT 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Hi everyone,

I need to ask a serious bible based question regarding the bread and the wine that Jesus passed around on the night of the passover.

I understand perfectly what these mean, and i understand their relevance, however im struggling to understand, after 15 years of indoctrination, if i am deserving to partake of them. Today at the baptist church, we were all offered the bread and the wine. I wanted to partake but i still feel that i do not have the right to, as i am not of the chosen nation. I will naturaly do research on the matter for myself and of course i will ask my papa, who in my opinion is a walking bible encyclopedia, but i just wanted some advice and information from here. So here is my question:

Am i worthy to partake of the bread and the wine?

I believe in Jesus, i appreciate his sacrifice, and even though im now a disfellowshipped JW, i want to follow Jesus as much as i can. However the JW teaching of needing to be of the annointed class is still lurking in the back of my mind and i could do with some logical and sound reasoning to show me that they are either nonsense, or correct.

Many thanks,

Timmy xxx

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Bare with me I can't make the following link clickable but it's a clip which talks about how Christ sacrifice was for all, there are no two class of christains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upJtFKKw2vA

• watersprout
    watersprout

Ok I have the scripture which will help you to see. Just going to type it out from my bible.

John 6:53-58

Jesus said to them, 'very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up on the last day.

For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.

Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood reamains in me, and I in them.

Just as the living father sent me and I live because of the father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.'

Take of the bread and wine whenever you feel the need to... It doesn't matter when or where. That is between you and Christ.

Peace

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes indeed Tim. Unless you know of a sin you have not yet confessed, you have the privilege and responsibility to follow Jesus' instruction. Remember, if you have confessed your sins, He is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse (I Jn.1:9) you from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. His worthiness is transferred to you by grace through faith in His redeeming blood.

• flipper
    flipper

" Am i Worthy to Partake of the bread and the wine ? " Only if you are mentally off or disturbed. According to one of the latest Watchtower Questions from Readers . Can't remember which one . Perhaps someone may post it

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

Read the account of the last supper in Luke. The new covenant was not only with an "Annointed Class". What does it say at Luke 22:21, and why does this one simple scripture completely destroy the misinterpretation of the Watchtower?

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL You are a funny guy, TT. You walk into a church for the first time, and you want to know if their bread and wine are sacred? Bread is bread, wine is wine, and ritual is ritual. Just go with the flow. You will work it out in good time.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If you still believe all the religious mythology . jesus stuff, then yes you should enter communion. The WTS 144,000 is unscriptural.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

You should ask the Father / Matthew 7:7-11.

• Ding
    Ding

Some churches practice open communion in which all attenders are welcome to participate.

It sounds like the church you were in does that.

Some churches have various rules for who should and should not partake, based on their understanding of the Bible:

-- Some require that partakers profess to be born again based on having confessed their sins and received forgiveness through Christ's sacrifice (which has nothing to do with allegedly being one of the 144,000).

-- Some require that the person have been baptized. Those churches might not recognize WT baptism as sufficient based on their view that the WTS is a cult. Others would leave it to the individual's conscience.

Most churches would probably be happy to have a pastor sit down with you and explain their view and explain why they believe that based on the scriptures.

Ultimately, you will have to study the Bible, decide what you believe on various subjects such as this, and then look for a church compatible with your convictions.

I've you'd like to discuss any of this with me via PM, feel free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit