My Letter to local Newspapaer - Your Feedback Please?

by cofty 92 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Iron Rod
    Iron Rod

Excellent work, Cofty!

You have another PM.

• wobble
    wobble

Well done Cofty !

I am sure many of us can use this as a virtual template when planning applications go in, in our area.

If it is published, as I hope it is, there may be an opportunity to get local TV and Radio to pick up the story and get a bit more coverage.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice Job!!!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

XLNT. As mentioned, they don't do 'kwik builds' anymore but DO build with speed.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Very good work Cofty. It does pay to be humble and take outside input willingly on something like this and you have clearly demonstrated this here.

It comes over just right, no hint of bitterness, a personal tirade or attack, just calm and reasoned delivery to enlighten the potential reader.

Thankyou.

• dozy
    dozy

Looks ok to me with the revisions you have made. I think you have tried to be fair with the comments you have made - it doesn't sound like a rant. Hope it gets published.

• strypes
    strypes

Now it is a ten. Well done Cofty.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

This thread looks like what happens in an elders' meeting where trivial matters are openly discussed...should we find anoter supplier for toilet paper...what's the best brand of lawn tractor...what colour should we paint the halways...what brand of paint...everyone has his own opinion and nothing gets done for th longest time. 3 pages of comments! Cofty just send your letter!

In good fun / NVR2L8

• cofty
    cofty

I disagree - In 24 hours I got from a 1st draft to a version I am really happy with by taking on board a lot of really useful suggestions.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi cofty:

Nice work.

Perhaps the most serious detriment caused by this high control group is seen in the willingness of otherwise sensible people to sacrifice their lives, and the lives of their children. The cover of the May 22 nd ‘94 edition of their magazine “The Awake” showed photographs of twenty six children under the heading “Youths Who Put God First”. Sickeningly it celebrated the obedience of these young victims who paid the ultimate price for the organisation’s prohibition against blood transfusions.

Corrections:

no comma after lives

May 22, 1994

Awake! http://www.watchtower.org/e/current_topics.htm

period before close of quotation marks

"Sickeningly" is awkward.

CC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit