Not Raising My Hand at Tomorrow's WT Study.

by compound complex 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Friends:

Wishing you all a pleasant weekend.

Committed to attend tomorrow's meeting at the Kingdom Hall, I've decided that I am going because I love my friends and family. I am a social butterfly.

The diatribe from the platform will probably rankle more individuals than just me. Perhaps the spiel will simply wash over me, and I'll continue smiling as I recall from Al-Anon that, in principle, I did not cause the problem [religious tyranny] nor can I control it nor cure it. There's nothing to prove, at least not in a thought- and behavior-controlled public venue.

Just a bit of psyching myself up and philosophizing.

I'll be thinking of you if you, too, plan to attend the apostabash.

Love,

CoCo

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

You are a very kind man,CoCo.

Bangalore

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Good luck. I just went through last week's and this week's articles to prep for Cult Free Radio tonight and I'm about to vomit. I don't think I could sit through the actual meeting and see the nodding heads of the indoctrinated sheeple and listen to their fawning comments of agreement. It's such a profound tragedy I don't think I could face it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You're a strong man Coco. I can't even stand to drive past my hall.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Somehow you don't seem like a "social butterfly".

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Bangalore, Mad Sweeney, NewChapter and Nancy Drew for your replies.

I don't know if I'm particularly kind or strong (I do appreciate the thought, Bang and NC), but I go so infrequently anymore that, despite tomorrow's strident warning message, I do need to reconnect. I, too, used to get nauseous when driving past the Hall (I'd avert my eyes to allay, somewhat, the illness) and the sentiments you expressed, Mad, ring true for me also.

After the ear-burning festivities terminate, however, I shall flit about and chat up whoever will listen to me, Nancy. I'm Mediterranean and inherited my mom's talkativeness and everyone's-a-friend attitude.

Woe is me!

Love,

CoCo

• paladin
    paladin

I to have to attend because of family. I never put my hand up at the wt study after waking up from this religion. One article after another seem to focus on control over the R&F.

• Glander
    Glander

Sorry, but I am confused. Is Coco a man or woman?

Remember Hillary Step? I thought he was a she for ages.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!..

CoCo Crazy..

Have fun..

..................;-)...OUTLAW

• cantleave
    cantleave

Sorry for what you are about to suffer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest