Not Raising My Hand at Tomorrow's WT Study.

by compound complex 51 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• compound complex
    compound complex

I appreciate your responses, paladin, Glander, OUTLAW and cantleave:

It felt kind of weird to be a bearded, inactive JW and get called on. Elder Friendly always called on me. Anymore, I don't comment, paladin. I might say something that would embarrass my tolerant and otherwise loving family. Years ago, Elder Unfriendly (different Hall) announced at a Sunday meeting, no less, that some apostates give good comments but be wary. He was referring to me.

I empathize, paladin, and will let you know later, cantleave, if I suffered!

Glander - I'm a guy. My real name is Compound Complex, which title I wouldn't wish on any female. Yes, OUTLAW, you're right!

CoCo le Guy

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Wish we went to the same hall CoCo. I could use the support. I may not make the meeting though. The very thought of attending is bringing on an anxiety attack. I can't take too much of it anymore.

• compound complex
    compound complex

I do, too, EmptyInside.

The feelings you describe used to be mine (not that I'm now totally stress free). I try to remember that my entire family followed me into the org 40 years ago, and now I have offspring who are true-believers but who love, need and respect me. I'm there for them, but it ain't easy,

Wishing you peace,

CoCo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, write something, it will look like you're taking notes

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings, Hortensia!

Yes, I always take notes at the meeting. There may be something to report back to you tomorrow. Oh, I reread your comment and get your meaning ...

Have a good day and thanks for your post,

CoCo

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Just try not to concentrate on the fact that every second you're in there......

You Die a Little......

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Charlie ... yeah, mental diversionary maneuvers: survival mode.

Take care,

CC

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'm sorry for your situation, CoCo, but I understand the reasons you have for attending the meeting. As for me, it has been fifteen months since I last set foot in a Kingdom Hall. I know now that I would probably have a severe allergic reaction if I were to ever do so again. Knowing the truth about "The Truth" has changed my life to such an extent that I want as little contact with both the religion and its adherents as possible. That being said, I would be interested in your report on the meeting as well as the reaction the congregation will have for the Watchtower study. I'm afraid Mad Sweeney is right and that you'll be an island of sanity in a sea of sycophants. I was once one of those sycophants, so I understand the psychology of going along with the program. I hope that someday your circumstances will finally allow you to walk away and never return.

Quendi

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Well, I am going & will be commenting. There's a good chance I'll end up d/f'd for it, but I don't care anymore.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Quendi,

I have the exact same feeling. I feel resentment every time I drive past a KH and I want to do as little with my former "brothers". Some of the friends I used to see at the KH and socially have come to help us move to our new house. Since my wife still attends the meetings, they found out about the move and they offered to help. I really appreciate their help but I know why they are doing it. They are all hoping that I come back to the meetings. At first I felt guilt because I am not going back and they are wasting their time. But after thinking of all the times I helped them I simply see their help as them paying me back for all the favors. CoCo I just don't know how you can do it...It's been 15 months for me to and I just wouldn't be able to take the fake welcome...we are so happy to see you...we missed you...blablabla...quelle merde!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit