Short video: "I Was A Deluded 9/11 Truther"

by bohm 141 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

what is a "truther", a conspiracy theorist?

Yes, its an ironic moniker don't you think?

• bohm
    bohm

PSON: I know you can copy-paste crap quicker than i can read it, and since you --as we learned on this thread-- does not read what you link to, neither do i see compelling reason why i should do so.

Just keep it marginally on sane this time, ie. no crazy stuff about nazis in flying saucers.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yes, sure, from an England perspective, firstly we are not stupid, some governments do try to cover things up, the press make things up, huge corporations make huge profits and cover massive things up, but when you look at the huge array of things people can't believe from 'Elvis is still alive' to 'man didn't land on the moon', it is clear there are some people who are deluded (just watch xfactor to see what a large number of people really are delusional, it's quite common). I'm not going into the evidence for 9-11 here, because the delusional (in their minds) explain everything, and in that they have a lot in common with Jehovah's Witnesses. Holding onto beliefs for which there is a seemingly hidden answer, is why I believe some ex-witneses have turned to conspiracy theories.

• cofty
    cofty

Just think for a moment about what we used to believe. We were all conspiracy theorists once.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

As is discussed elsewhere in this article, the feasibility and logic of bringing the building down on 9/11 is up for debate, but what is not debatable is the fact that Silverstein Properties, NIST, FEMA and the federal government have all knowingly lied in claiming in official reports that the building came down solely as a result of damage from the towers and that the collapse of the building was not aided by means of intentionally placed explosives

My this is loaded language. Why is this NOT debatable? LOL I guess that makes it fact.

NC

• badseed
    badseed

Nothing wrong with being a conspiracy theorist. Not everyone in Germany thought Hitler was a bad guy, right? So, before WWll, were the Jews considered conspiracy theorists to fear Hitler or were they right about him? Sometimes you find out about the truth when it's too late. I prefer to be on the watch than to be a sleeping drone.

I'm not saying 9-11 was an inside job, but sometimes I question the explanation given.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I believe the Nuremburg laws elevated any theory to the reality. The German government wasn't actually hiding anything. The world, including the US, knew what was going on---even before it graduated to concentration camps. Big Difference! HUGE. Not a good comparison. By the time WWII started, a large percentage of the Jews had left Germany, because it didn't take backroom knowledge to know what was happening. Unfortunately, Germany immediately replenished their Jewish population when they annexed Austria--and Austrian Jews did not have the same kind of warning. Some were still caught in Germany either because they hoped it would all blow over, or because surrounding nations simply quit allowing them to immigrate.

Are you saying that terrorists DID NOT fly planes into the WTC? I don't understand. This was all an inside job? Was Osama Bin Laden framed? And tell me this----WHY?

NC

• badseed
    badseed

The only reason I can think of is profit. Also, it gave them an argument to start pre-emptive attacks using the "terrorist" argument and start colonizing other countries.

If really terrorists had flied the planes, which btw, you don't need pilots anymore to fly planes, wouldn't it have been logical to invade either Saudi Arabia (where the supposedly terrorists came from) or Afghanistan (where Bin Laden was) rather than Iraq. Why Iraq? Don't you know that the US has the largest embassy in the world there? If they were capable of lying in regards to Iraq and its WMDs, just so they could set up centrally in the Middle East, under false pretenses, what else are they capable of lying about. Don't you know that billions of dollars headed for Iraq simply vanished? They have killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in other countries (and are still at it) using their terrorist rhetoric, do you really believe they have morals, and that killing 3000 americans will make a difference, and that they would feel compelled to give you a truthful explanation?

I think they did the WTC so they could have support from Americans under the disguise of war in pursuing their world domination agenda. That's my opinion and I have no proof of it but I believe they are evil to the point where they dwarf Hitler. Greed is all I can think their motivation is. Maybe I sound crazy, maybe I am. I've seen them lie so I don't believe their story.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Okay, but we are not colonizing anyone. America has always fought for self-determination, and Wilson fought for that after WWI when he was supposed to sign the Treaty of Versailles. Europe still colonized much of the world, but Wilson pressured them and said it would have to end. What followed is messy, and dishonest, and political, but in the end, colonies in Africa and India were set on course to govern themselves. Your colonization theory just doesn't ring true. That has never been a focus of the US. Even now the goal is to get these countries to govern themselves.

The WMD's were a Bush lie---absolutely. And tell me, exactly how long did THAT stay in a dusty corner? Look, I'm not naive. I understand governments lie. But the lie you are accusing them of is even bigger than the WMD lie--because it attacked our own people. They couldn't keep that under wraps for long. Direct evidence with much documentation was given to prove the WMD lie.

So exactly HOW MANY people are in on this conspiracy? Think about it. This was huge, and many people would have been involved-and not all high level people either. Who physical wired that building to fall? What about "Let's Roll"? People were on those planes. I know an air traffic controller that was on duty that day. PILOTS flew those planes.

You are suspicious, so you are creating a story. The only evidence you have is a feeling. I don't think you are crazy, I don't think you are stupid. That's not what happens in cases like this. Confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance may play a role. But I think you give them way more power than they have. Can they pull it off? YES! Can they keep it a secret forever? NO!

NC

• ballistic
    ballistic

Nothing wrong with being a conspiracy theorist. Not everyone in Germany thought Hitler was a bad guy, right

Jesus, there is no comparison with your President or leader lining everyone up of a certain religion and exterminating them, and a conspiracy theory. What a ridiculous thing to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit