Would you go back if you thought there were one in a million chances you were wrong?

by Paul Duda 46 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I think Shelby nailed it. They would have to be 100% right, to be the truth, to earn my trust and have me 'join' them. If they're just a little bit wrong... well, that's not the truth then, is it? Why turn to something like that? Anyone can be right about some things and wrong about other things. Anyone.

They are not the truth, Paul.

I'm so sorry you're still having nightmares. Its been a while for you now. I hope you listen to the advice of some here. Read the books LeavingWT keeps recommending. Ask for help if you need it. Talk to someone about the nightmares following you out of the organization/cult.

Peace and strength to you,

Tammy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

My dad was talking to me about the Governing Body, and he said to me 'they are just men'. I didn't understand what he meant then, I was just a boy. Now, 25 years later I understand what he meant. They are just men, and they are wrong. Despite all the "Jehovah this"," Jehovah that", "Jehovah says put your hands on your head", that you read in the magazines, they are just men.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thousands of people have won big prizes at Lotto.

Nobody has been saved from Armageddon. Ever.

Ever

Not one

• Scully
    Scully

The thing is, I did the research - using the bible and WTS publications - on my own, and proved to myself that they were full of crap.

You can't un-ring that bell, not without a lobotomy and / or some heavy psychotropic drugs.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If I thought their were one in a BILLION chances I was wrong I would not go back

Why ?

Because crap is crap

Lets put it another way

Would you stay their if you thought their were one in a million chances they were right?

Again crap is crap

smiddy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

NEVER

not even if they were 100% right, and i was 100% wrong.

I didn't leave for noble reasons, i left because i did not want to be a christian anymore, thats it.

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik

If you've been out for a few years and still get these symptoms . . . it could be a depression/anxiety disorder. It's simply the result of brain chemistry imbalance that can occur after a prolonged period of genuine stress or anxiety.

What can then persist is simply the dark and anxious feeling induced by the condition . . . to which you subsequently attach morbid thoughts in keeping with the mood. In other words, your thoughts are now a result of anxiety . . . not the cause. Do you find yourself being anxious about other things apart from the JW teachings?

If you suspect this is the case . . . go see your DR. The treatments and counselling available are very effective in mitigating the condition and giving you the opportunity to think normally.

Either way . . . do your research and get schooled up . . . it's not everyones cup of tea . . . but it will certainly help.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

One of the org's favorite illustrations is the one about would you drink the water with one drop of poison well their a whole glass of cherrry flavored poison.

• Paul Duda
    Paul Duda

Thank you everyone for your comments.

• love2Bworldly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit