Would you go back if you thought there were one in a million chances you were wrong?

by Paul Duda 46 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Paul, I think you need to read both Steve Hasaan books again about how cults work on your psyche. However, I think we all have a measure of the feelings you are experiencing depending on how long you have been out, but then again it is a result of a life time of mental conditioning. I hope you can make peace with your decision. NMKA

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I know so strongly that the JW stuff is BS,that Id bet all of my......GUITARS!!!!!!! on it...Im just a bit confused and disapointed as to why my parents and sister took the bait,hook line and sinker.Oh well "theres a sucker born every minute"...No me tho.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What if an organization that hasn`t been right once in over 130 years,is finally right?..

Sometime in the Future?..

Maybe?..

Thats a Lot of Hope for 100% Failure..

http://smily-domination.webs.com/photos/Funny-Junk/shipment_of_fail.jpg

...........................;-)...OUTLAW

• redhare67
    redhare67

We all get that feeling, sometime or the other, but I prefer waiting to see who is right!

• clarity
    clarity

Paul,

Did you ever know a drug addict? Withdrawal makes them sweat bullets!

Hallucinations, nightmares, panick attacks ... you name it!

Once the drug has cleared their body for long enough, they come back down to earth!

>

This is you ... so to speak. Once you get completely off your diet of watchtower brain wash, and constantly hearing the programed retoric spilling out of the mouths of all those deluded people ......... long enough, you will be able to THINK clearly and be your NORMAL self!

You have a lot to look forward to!

clarity

• shamus100
    shamus100

You're obviously not over it.

It takes time. ;) Do not be terrified about dying. Trust me, you are going to die. What happens after that you need to figure out for yourself.

Trust me on this: You aren't going to be f****** around on earth farming, petting lions, and cleaning up monkey crap for the rest of your life. Or admiring waterfalls that shall surely litter the planet in the JW's paradise. ;D

• Darkside Blues
    Darkside Blues

No. I'd rather be "destroyed" with millions of other people (who in the grander scheme of things didn't need to be destroyed) than live in some bland "utopia" where there's no genuine diversity (no people of other faiths/philosophies, no LGBT community, etc.)

Besides, it's not a real paradise if I can't sit on my duff and do nothing all day. ;)

• flipper
    flipper

Paul- There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that the WT society is right. They are wrong, believe me. And you are NOT wrong to doubt thir authenticity. They are a scam organization designed to use people's lives up and bilk them financially

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I'm not 100% right, but then I don't punish people for disagreeing with me.

The WT, on the other hand, has been WRONG about so many things I would NEVER, EVER GO BACK.

I know some people do return. But then again so do some women return to men that beat them. It's called Battered Woman Syndrome:

"Victims of the battered woman syndrome are often afraid to leave the man and the situation; change, loneliness, and the unknown are perceived as more painful than the beatings."

I'm done, I am so done. Now I'm ready for The Burning Bed. Anyone got a match?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If there was a one in a million chance that I'm wrong and the Borg was right, I'd be right back in there.

But there isn't. I don't know everything. I don't even know a lot. But I know this: The Borg is wrong. They are wrong doctrinally and they are wrong in how they treat their fellow human beings. What they do should be criminal. Some day I hope it will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit