WT Nov. 1, 2011 (public) - When Was Ancient Jerusalem Destroyed - Part 2

by AnnOMaly 322 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Copernic
    Copernic

Thank you very much Alleymom. I have translated your quick rebutal in French and the answer of Dr John Steele (I hope Doug that you won't mind about the using of your picture made earlier. On the other hand, I'm promoting your website ;-).

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Alleymom,

I notice that on page 21 of "Achaemenid Chronology and the Babylonian Sources", Christopher Walker writes:

"We appear to be dealing with a surprisingly sophisticated eclipse theory already in the eighth or seventh century BC (Stephenson and Steele, forthcoming)".

Given your contact with Steele, are you able to elicit the relevant information from him?

Thanks,

Doug

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Copernic,

You can use whatever you wish from my site.

One day the twig will still be there but I will not be on it, so I am quite keen for others to take material and circulate anything they agree with.

Doug

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Alleymom you are probably the most effective writer I've read on this. Your KISS system is the clearest, most accessible rebuttal.

Can anyone really doubt that if Russells Bible numerology had lead him to say 1920 instead, JWs would be arguing Jeruslem was destroyed in 601bce?

They used to argue it was 606bce because they forgot there was no year zero...

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Regarding Rolf Furuli, and what he might know that nobody else does, I thought that his area of expertise is in the ancient languages?

- His profile gives occupation as lecturer in the Semitic Languages at Oslo University

i.e. Rolf Furuli is not an historian, an archeologist or a chronologist - making him more of a JW apologist on this matter, rather than any sort of an authority.

Bill.

• Alleymom
  • Alleymom
    Alleymom

Sorry, the first image was too big.

Dougherty's Nabonidus and Belshazzar, page 10

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Dozy says -

There must be a shred of consciousness in some of them that makes them think "come on , this isn't right."

In regards to the WTS's doctrinal leaders there is a noticeable stance of intellectual dishonesty when it comes to supporting the organization's

previously constructed doctrines. Why ?

Its should be easily understood that the leaders of this organization who've presumptuously announced that they are the only organization

here on earth that is being guided by god's holy spirit, his earthly arrangement as it were, would willingly or not present information that would only be supportive

toward this proclamation. They've always have been discerningly selective toward the information they release to their devout members as well to the

general public. There is a policy of protectionism around the organization which also entails much about themselves.

When it is realized that this organization (WTS.) is also a livelihood for these people which puts a roof over their heads, food in their mouths, health care and cloths on their backs,

it isn't all a bit surprising that they would be a little disingenuous.

Is there much creditable evidence that the final destruction of ancient Jerusalem occurred in 607 BCE ?

Of course not, likewise on the other hand there is surmountable evidence that this important date in history was indeed 586/587 BCE.

This misaligning of dates in history comes in support of Russell's previous Pyramidology dating which 1914 was calculated as

being the year of the end of the gentile times, a said to be a pivotal and important year in human history.

The point thats being obviously missed by the WTS. is that yes there was approximately 70 years of captivity by the hand of the Babylonians

beginning in 605 BCE. but this this does not mean that 607 BCE was the date when the entire temple was destroyed and the city's governance

was decimated.

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

I was asked to scan the pages from Nabonidus and Belshazzar that have the king lists. This may take me awhile, but here goes ...Page 7, Nabonidus and Belshazzar

• doublelife
    doublelife

Marked.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit