Elder School 2012 Letter

by Anony Mous 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Here is a (transcribed) letter that all elders received regarding the elder school of 2012. The emphasis is NOT mine.

This letter is your invitation to attend the School for Congregation Elders at the location and dates shown below:

Please acknowledge receipt and acceptance of this invitation by completing and returning the enclosed confirmation form to the School for Congregation Elders Desk using the enclosed pre-addressed envelope. This should be returned no more than two weeks after receipt of this letter. If you no longer serve as an elder or are unable to attend this class for some other reason, please notify the School for Congregation Elders Desk IMMEDIATELY by telephone (845-306-1100, extension 46998). You will be advised as to what you should do with the material you have received.

Please carefully read and follow all the instructions described below.

Publications and References: At the bottom of this letter you will note two lists. The first list is what you should read and become familiar with before arriving for the first day of school. The second list includes other publications and references you will need during the week of school. When you arrive at school, you will be given a detailed list of all the references that will be covered in class. With the exception of references to the Watchtower, Awake, or Kingdom Ministry, many have found it very beneficial to bring the actual publication and not printouts.

Homework: On Monday through Thursday evenings of the school, please set aside some time to do meditative reading in preparation for the following day's class session.

Meetings: During the week of the school, the class will considere a model Congregation Bible Study on Monday and a model Theocratic Ministry School on Tuesday. Please bring the needed materials for those meetings on the respective days and be prepared to participate as you would at your Kingdom Hall. If your school falls on the week of the Theocratic Ministry School Review, please follow the school schedule as if it was the week of a circuit overseer's visit.

Name Badges: An identification badge will be issued to you when you arrive at the school. Please bring your own lapel badge holder.

Schedule: Classes for the school will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 5:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday. Classes on Friday will start at 8:00 a.m. and will conclude at 11:55 a.m. You will be provided with a noon meal each day, Monday through Thursday. Your morning and evening meals will be your responsibility.

Dress and grooming: Please plan to dress as you would when attending a congregation meeting. At all times, brothers should wear clothing that is clean, neat, tasteful, and modest.

Pioneers: Elders serving as regular pioneers will be credited 20 hours toward their monthly hour requirement. This credit plus the total number of hours actually spent in field service cannot exceed the monthly goal of 70 hours. Those serving as special pioneers will be given a credit equivalent to one-quarter of their monthly hour requirement.

We understand that it may be challenging for some to arrange their personal affairs to attend this school. However, we encourage you to make every effort to be there. This will afford you a wonderful opportunity to grow in love and appreciation for Jehovah, the Grand Instructor. (Isa. 30:20) You will also receive valuable training in 'shepherding the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own Son.' (Acts 20:28) Please be assured of our continual prayers in your behalf.

Your brothers,

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

List #1 (References to read before arriving on the first day of the school)

• Rbi8 1-14
    • w07 8/1 4-7; w91 5/15 29-30
    • g87 12/8 24-26
    • be 27-38
    • ks10 2:2-9
    • od 5-27, 36-37, 41-42, 46-48, 159-163
    • it-2 5-20 (Jehovah); it-2 52-57 (Jesus Christ); it-2 305 (Man, pars. 2-3); it-2 1008-1012 (Sovereignty)
    • Congregation Bible Study Material for the week

List #2 (Publications and references needed during the week of the school)

• New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures - With References (Rbi8)
    • "Shepherd the Flock of God" (ks10)
    • Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (od)
    • Benefit from Theocratic Ministry School Education (be)
    • "Come Be My Follower" (cf)
    • Insight on the Scriptures, Volumes 1 and 2 (it-1, it-2)
    • Worship the Only True God (wt)
    • w08 8/15 19 pars. 10-12; w04 3/15 15 par. 2; w98 2/1 21; w96 7/1 9, 14-18, 21-24; w96 3/15 10 par. 5; w96 3/15 24-27; w95 5/15 25; w90 9/1 23-28; w90 8/15 10-15; w89 2/1 10-20
    • km 2/07 8; km 2/03 5; km 2/92 7 par. 3; km 6/90 8; km 5/86 7-8
    • Theocratic Ministry School material for the assigned week.
  • daringhart13
    daringhart13

I feel asleep just reading that letter.

And to think I used to teach at that school....... ugh, so glad its over.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If anyone does not have access to the WTLIB (and my take on what's going to be taught):

w07 8/1 pp. 4-7 True Spirituality—How Can You Find It?

You're not spiritual enough!

w91 5/15 pp. 29-30 Can You Be Happy With Much to Do?

You've got a lot to do! Since it's for us that should make you happy. If you're not happy, you're not doing it right.

g87 12/8 pp. 24-26 Time—Are You Its Master or Its Slave?

Stop wasting time on other stuff like your family. You're our slave.

w08 8/15 p. 19 pars. 10-12 Jehovah Tenderly Cares for His Elderly Servants

We know some of you are getting old and there are no youngsters to take over. Sorry, you'll be working till your dead.

w04 3/15 p. 15 par. 2 “Fully Accomplish Your Ministry”

Also, don't forget to go out in the Field Service.

w98 2/1 p. 21 pars. 10-12 The Other Sheep and the New Covenant

As clearly shown without any references to the bible whatsoever, Jesus is only there for us, not for you! We're here for you.

w96 7/1 p. 9 pars. 5-10 “A House of Prayer for All the Nations”

The only house you need is our publishing house.

w96 3/15 pp. 10-11 par. 5 Behold the Loyal!

But please stay ok.

w96 3/15 pp. 24-27 How Christian Shepherds Serve You

You should grovel for us, we are your shepherds, in turn the congregation should grovel for you.

w95 5/15 p. 25 pars. 15-18 Part 2—Flashes of Light—Great and Small

Well, sometimes new light comes out. They're really just flashes. Accept that what we used to teach as the ultimate truth is now wrong.

w90 9/1 p. 23 pars. 20-21 Are You Reaching Out?

We're really short on people. Can you get us out?

w90 9/1 pp. 23-28 Are You Qualified to Serve?

Here is what they have to do.

w90 8/15 pp. 10-15 Loyalty—At What Price?

Everyone should remain loyal to our publishing company. Even if that means your family.

w90 8/15 p. 15 Loyally Working With Jehovah

It's really for Jehovah, seriously.

w89 2/1 pp. 10-15 Covenants Involving God’s Eternal Purpose

And you know, God promised it all in the Bible and it's going to change sometimes, but it's all going to come true.

w89 2/1 pp. 15-20 Will You Benefit From God’s Covenants?

Unless of course you leave, then you die.

km 2/07 p. 8 Do Not Forget Those Who Are Inactive

And there are those stragglers, we're really running short on people, maybe they can help a bit, they are already taught so they'll be less work.

km 2/03 p. 5 Help at the Right Time

And if someone got issues, go talk to them OK.

km 2/92 p. 7 par. 3 Showing Support for the Pioneers

Especially those that actually publish our literature for us. They're the most important.

km 6/90 p. 8 Question Box Before being approved for baptism,to what extent should an unbaptized publisher be sharing in the field ministry?

You should really not try to deny anyone. Try to deny as few as possible ok.

km 5/86 pp. 7-8 Question Box How can we help our Bible students to qualify for baptism as disciples of Jesus Christ?

And really try to get them dipped, that way we will rule them all. MWOEHAHAHA

• spanteach
    spanteach

Interesting. The Bible is nowhere on the list of things they need to read before they attand the class. Policy, policy, policy.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Actually, the bible is mentioned once: Rbi8 1-14 which according to the Watchtower Library is Genesis to 2 Chronicles. Indeed the laws.

• flipper
    flipper

ANONYMOUS- Interesting. Thanks for posting this. The quote, " Elders serving as regular pioneers will be credited 20 hours toward their monthly hour requirement . This credit plus the total number of hours actually spent in field service CANNOT exceed the monthly goal of 70 hours. ???????? " So what the hell does THAT mean ? If a pioneer elder is being credited the 20 hours - he shouldn't BOTHER getting over 50 hours in service because it won't get counted ?? What if the pioneer elder is really zealous and gets in 70 hours on top of the 20 hours credited ? He can't count 90 hours according to this ! So if an elder/pioneer say turns in 100 hours plus the 20 credited for 120 hours total - the WT society will NOT count it as 120 hours. Only 70 hours.

Once again this shows how little the WT society really values pioneers, elders, or anybody ELSE they USE for alleged " privileges " . So weird

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I think it means that if you go over 50 hours that your credit decreases until it hit zero. So if you do 100 hours in 'actual' service, you can count 100, not 120. If you do 60 hours, you can count up to 70 but not over for that month.

• flipper
    flipper

ANONYMOUS- Very confusing. WT society could have made it clearer . I still think the WT society isn't honoring the extra hours a pioneer / elder turns in actually. Why the hell I even care about this - is a mystery to me after being out for 8 years ! I think it's because I pioneered for 3 years and know how much I felt used . Everybody in this organization got used

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Flipper, Flipper, Flipper.

Virtually all elders learn how to count their time properly. They know they will not even get 50 hours that month if they were counting the way workers punch a clock. They have learned how to stretch 20 to 40 hours into twice as much. I am sure only the tiniest fraction will actually surpass 50 hours that month.

• flipper
    flipper

OTWO, OTWO, OTWO .

I know the elders and other the other JW door knockers know how to stretch their time figures.

In regards to your quote, " I am sure only the tiniest fraction will actually surpass 50 hours that month. " Very true. But as the stars and universe is my Witness - I remember being aged 16 years old doing auxillary pioneering when the quota was 75 hours a month and I got in 112 hours in a month ! " LOL !

And the insane point I'm making ? Is that SOME of us poor saps used to actually take the commission to " preach the good news " seriously and actually had an honest conscience doing it for right motives without worrying about how much time we got in. It allegedly was about " saving lives " back then, not meeting hours quota's. What can I say ? I was deluded to believe it ! But I'm a big boy now . It's very different. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit