Armaggeddon may occur invisibly

by mankkeli 55 Replies latest jw friends

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

At the end of today's meeting, some over-righteous friends were discussing the various possibilities of armaggeddon occuring invisibly, considering the explanation given within the "parousia" domain on the invisible presence of christ in 1914. They reffered to some articles which I am presently looking through.

“While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: ‘Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence [pa?rou?si′a, Greek] and of the conclusion of the system of things?’

"In our day, then, what is meant by the Biblical expression “the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ”? (1 Thessalonians 5:23) One authority comments that the term “presence,” pa?rou?si′a, “became the official term for a visit of a person of high rank, esp[ecially] of kings and emperors visiting a province.” So this expression refers to the royal presence of the Lord Jesus Christ as King, from and after 1914, following his enthronement in heaven. He is present invisibly to ‘go subduing in the midst of his enemies,’ actively ruling as King to fulfill this prophetic command. (Psalm 110:2) For some 79 years, humans on earth have been experiencing the effects of Christ’s invisible royal presence.

This means that during the Lord’s parousia there occurs, at the time for the great day (armaggeddon) to begin, an invisible resurrection may be witnessed . This is, of course, not visible to the surviving “slaves” yet on earth with their fleshly eyes, just as it is also invisible to worldly people who are not “slaves” of the invisibly present Lord Jesus.

Undoubtedly, the pa?rou?si′a is not literally visible to human eyes. If it were, why would Jesus spend so much time, as we shall see, giving his followers a sign to help them to discern this presence? However, when Christ comes to destroy Satan’s world system, the fact of his presence will be overwhelmingly manifest to all. It is then that “every eye will see him.” Even Jesus’ opponents will be able to discern, to their dismay, that Christ’s reign is real.

In conclusion, this invisibility scenario applicable to the prescence of christ may equally be adopted with the emergence of armaggeddon because Jehovah does not change.

Will you put this in your pipe and smoke it?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Armageddon then may well have already happened, and not even the witnesses know it yet.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

some over-righteous friends were discussing the various possibilities of armaggeddon occuring invisibly

I cannot think of a better way to cope with the Cognitive Dissonance created by the failed WT eschatology.

• designs
    designs

That was the Bible Students Belief...

• Diest
    Diest

Mank can you post what article that is?

• mrquik
    mrquik

I too believe Armageddon has already come & this is paradise. (Only it's an invisible paradise) I think I'm invisible too.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I think I'm invisible too.

You can quickly find out by walking around downtown on Sunday at noon with your clothes off.

If you are not arrested, then you may well be invisible.

(note - this test may not work if you live in San Francisco or Berkely, California)

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I'd prefer to have whatever you've been smoking. Regardless, it would be great if the strategy geniuses in Brooklyn came up with this great big steaming pile of horseshit and served it on a plate for the witnesses to eat. It might wake a few of them up.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Makes just about as much sense as anything else in the belief system.

There is no notion of invisibility in the term parousia, btw. And then there's this:

"For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming (parousia) of the Son of Man" (Matthew 24:27, NIV).

The parousia is not just compared to something visible but to the sudden flashing forth ( phainetai ) of lightning, which immediately calls attention to itself. Oops.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Nickols beat me to it......

I've put alot of things in my Pipe and smoked it............ but never something like that..... I'd rather smoke Dead Spiders...

Hummmmmm there's an Idea

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit