I am out (finally) - done with the Witnesses

by Anony Mous 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Hi, long time no see. I am finally out of the borg. Had a talk with an elder-friend-family member today who said I should just do it if that's what I want to do, and my wife says if that's what I want to do that she's fine with it. I know people are going to be disappointed but hey, I'm not running or hiding, I'll do what I want to do whatever that may be. I'll take care of my wife and child. I'll be a better person because of it I think. I won't be feeling bad because I sinned or because God will destroy my brother and my mother. I feel free, I was happy, I noticed the sky was blue today (seriously) and thought for the first time in my life that it's not God's will and God won't change it. I don't have reason to be mad at individual Witnesses.

So now what? I'll simply quit going. I'm giving the paperwork I have in my position back (unfinished) with my wife, she can give it to whoever. I don't care. I am free of slavery. Hopefully others will wake up.

The straw that finally got things rolling with the elders and caught the attention was my last talk combined with the answers I've been giving over the past few weeks:

How to imitate God and Jesus in Good Manners.

Manners - the unenforced standards of conduct which demonstrate that a person is proper, polite, and refined. Schools have existed for the sole purpose of teaching manners and they change over time, location, social status and other circumstances.

Let's read Habakkuk 2:3. What can we learn about good manners from this verse? We can learn for one thing that God himself promises he will not be late. And that is sometimes a problem for all of us. However one writer on manners says: Being fashionably late has never been acceptable etiquette.

So how can we fix being late? The best thing to do is to make plans. Proverbs 20:18 says "By counsel plans themselves are firmly established".

Especially our meetings should start and end at the times advertised which includes the closing song and prayer. If we have a part in the meeting and we are running late, we could take out a section or we could ask those that comment to keep their answers short and to the point.

As said, manners change over time. Back in bible times God did not condone religious tolerance. Even among the first century Christians, Paul vilified other religions and different Christian groups such as the Gnostic, Gentile and Jewish Christians often went against each other as evidenced in Acts 11.

But these days it is not proper to call people out on their what we consider 'wrong' beliefs. Yes, we should always try to be cordial. And many of us already do that in the every day door to door ministry. However we sometimes have the tendency to change that tone when we get engaged in a discussion and we have to defend our personal beliefs.

We can find a good way of discussing someone's religious beliefs by example of Jesus in Matthew 17:25 when he asked about who paid head tax. You may remember Jesus asked "What do you believe Simon?"

Whether they be right or wrong you should know beforehand what someone believes. That means we may have to ask or do some research in advance.

For example, what does it mean when somebody says he's an atheist? Do we say "Well, you don't believe in God". That is not what atheism is, atheists simply do not feel they have enough evidence to substantiate the existence of a God that cares for us but they are willing to change their viewpoints.

How about our own believes? Are we well mannered to let others criticize or explain what they think about us? For example if someone says "You do not accept Christ as your mediator", we may be quick to say "Yes I do" but you would be wrong. The Insight book on Mediator clearly shows that Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is only a mediator or savior for anointed Christians.

How about the people we meet? Let’s read Matthew 28:9. Jesus said “Good Day”. This is a basic greeting and common manner in all cultures. However sometimes we have a problem with that. Maybe it is a person we don’t like. Maybe it’s a person that was once associated with the Witnesses but no longer does. However, a simple “Good Day” could lead to a spiritually upbuilding conversation.

Nowhere do the scriptures allow us to shun or avoid contact with somebody regardless of what they did to us or to others but we can learn again from the example of Jesus, he ate with sinners and tax collectors and admonished us to “continue” loving our enemies and continue being merciful, forgiving.

So what have we learned about good manners? 1) We should try to be on time and plan to do this. 2) Allow people to express their beliefs and make sure that what you ask them to do, you can do likewise 3) Even if we don’t like someone or someone has done us wrong, always greet them, always show love towards them.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Nowhere do the scriptures allow us to shun or avoid contact with somebody regardless of what they did to us or to others but we can learn again from the example of Jesus, he ate with sinners and tax collectors and admonished us to “continue” loving our enemies and continue being merciful, forgiving.

Did you really say this in your talk? I wonder if that made anybody do a double take.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yes, I said that. That's why the elder-friend-family came to talk to me. He asked whether I meant disfellowshipped people. I said "all people". I had a great discussion. Off course it went nowhere because everything bad came from Satan and everything good from God so what is it that God has taken from me? I asked him "so why does Jehovah send his angels and holy spirit to the Witness organization in order to mislead them and let people die because of the advice not to take blood transfusions and organ transplants".

It's mindboggling how they are instructed not to think for themselves. He said "such thinking comes from Satan and we have to resist it". So thinking is clearly Satan trying to influence us. We should not think, the borg does that for us.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well done. It is surprising that he would support your decision and that your wife would too. That's very odd. That tells me that maybe both of them don't completely buy into the religion either for one reason or another.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The bible says to not associate with the wicked ones. Hence DFing .

Unfortunately in regards to the WTS. it is the wicked one, for the organization is a false prophet circumvented on a commercial publishing house.

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

Good for you you have taken the red pill.... your on the road.

Even though it won't be easy....you'll never want to go back to the "borg" now!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats! I wish it was that easy for everyone. Enjoy your life.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Great work on the talk! . . . all of it totally scriptually sound . . . which gives you a spiritual "high ground" that is not easily taken away.

I think that's why you got the reaction you did . . . they have no morally or scriptually sound argument to refute you with.

Good on you for having the fortitude . . . that's impressive!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Impressive Anony Mous to paraphrase Darth Vadar!! It was brillant to talk about love instead of fear in your talk.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Now that's what I'm talkin about! You gave them a little ' Insight into the Scriptures '. What, no counter argument? Congrats Anony Mous. Well done! Now stick a fork in'm and turn 'm over. peacetothespeechlessones paulnotsaul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit