Do you give to beggars?

by jean-luc picard 101 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Rarely will I give a beggar anything. I'm pretty sure I know what they are after with their money. There has been two seperate occasions where I've seen people begging for change talking on cell phones. If you are doing something, like playing an instrument, I will throw some money your way. Then again, that is not begging. That is working as a street performer.

Maybe I sound cruel here but I'm not about to support someone's drug or alcohol addiction.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Lady Lee...we may of seen each other, in MTL.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't give anything to strangers.

I give to reputable charitable organizations, food banks and people I know who are having a rough time.

I have also joined with other to support a local research project that is going to find out what the true stories are behind some panhandlers in my area; it is known that some of these guys are massive frauds and scammers. We want to find out how to tell the difference, and what best helps those who are really in need.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

I always used to when I went in Boston....

A Dollar... I felt pitty......

Until Some Fucking Bum said A Dollar how about $10???

I took the buck back and said....

I hope you F**** Starve to death....

Never AGAIN!!!!!!!! yep 1 dick ruined it for many!!!!

I DESPISE BEGGARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qZPlnV9ctQ&feature=fvsr

• sizemik
    sizemik

I don't have any spare cash . . . but I can find some spare time.

I spend some of it counselling in a corrections unit . . . particularly with the mentally unwell. Other times I help out at shelters. The good thing about shelters is they're less likely to house the big-time conners . . . they blow their cover soon after they walk in the door. A certain amount more pride has to be foregone to approach a shelter . . . by far the majority who go there are there out of genuine need.

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

Sizemik you're a good man....

I never begged for money.... (even when I should of )

Time is much better than cash......

cause those are the ones you can help.........

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

A very informative thread

• oompa
    oompa

very very rarely.....it is almost like sex....there has to be a chemical attraction???.....anyway.....i gave last week......first time in ages......oompa

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

While on vacation,I gave one young guy a dollar because he had a dog with him,lol. And I bought another guy a sandwich. I agree that it's best to give them food,rather than money.

• Open mind
    Open mind

When the spirit moves me. Which is fairly often.

I'm with Shelby. If I give it, there's no strings attached. If it buys them a drink or some other fix, that's their choice.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit