WT Society Alters their History as " The Party " did in George Orwell's 1984

by flipper 69 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't know if the WT-CD ROM has changed much in the last few years, as I don't ever go to it anymore. But did you ever wonder why the WT-CD ROM goes back to 1950 only on Watchtower magazines and not Awake! and not on books?

Awake starts at 1970 and avoids that embarrassing 1969 article about never being able to finish college and work in that field. A few books after 1969 have the 1975 stuff in them.

I have learned so much these past years about just how dishonest WTS is about its own past. They say how they predicted so much for 1914 and it came true because World War One started, but really- they were saying that Jesus arrived already in 1874 and that the end would be there in 1914. They got nothing right. The world war was a coincidence and didn't lead on to terrible tribulation or anything they spoke of.

You gotta try to find THE ORWELLIAN WORLD OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES:

Preview- http://books.google.com/books/about/The_Orwellian_world_of_Jehovah_s_Witness.html?id=MRj4hmqPRxEC

http://www.amazon.com/Orwellian-World-Jehovahs-Witnesses/dp/0802065457

• flipper
    flipper

JOLIETTE- Yeah sis ! I think you'll enjoy reading it ! If you can find a copy. I had to put one on order from a used book store.

BONNIE_CLYDE- So you enjoyed the book also ? Cool. Animal farm sounds good as well. I'll have to read that book too. Sounds like the WT society- very controlling.

ISOJOURN- WT society really does remind us of 1984 for sure. The WT thought police may be watching me- but I'm stronger than they are. My love and my committment to truth is stronger than theirs.

ON THE WAY OUT- I agree the WTS has always been very dishonest about their past. Isn't it amazing they have been so detailed with the things and instances you mentioned about hiding incriminating articles from years ago ? They are desperate not to have those errors read and noticed. The WT society certainly has got nothing right. Thanks for the link to the " Orwellian World of JW's ". I'll check that out definitely

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

"We shall abolish the orgasm. Our neurologists are at work upon it now. There will be no loyalty, except loyalty towards the Party. There will be no love, except the love of Big Brother. There will be no laughter, except the laugh of triumph over a defeated enemy. There will be no art, no literature, no science. When we are omnipotent there will be no need of science. There will be no distinction between beauty and ugliness. There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this Winston—always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory." 1984

Ah yes the thought police....

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Hi again flipper. Well you just showed me a another reason why the WT is a cult. I am reading COC for the second time. The power the GB has over their cult victims is amazing. I am at the part on alternate service. The 1000's who went to jail because of the nonsense Knorr and F. Franz made up teachings. How many of the GB disagreed with the thinking but because of 2/3 majority never happened many had to suffer. Then in 1996 it was OK to accept alternate service. With no imformation given on why they changed or why for 50 years they thought it was wrong to accept alternate service. Truly they are masters of the slight of hand teachings. Now you see it. Now you don't. Good thought ( Was New Boy) pointed out in Orwell's 1984 where it says "always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler". That my friends is the new GB motto. Lest we forget the WT is increasingly becoming more and more a dangerous cult. I feel sorry for all the WT cult victims. Totally ADD

• agonus
    agonus

1984 was written as both a cautionary tale and a satire.

WT apparently missed both the warning AND the joke.

They think it's a freaking handbook!

• life is to short
    life is to short

All I can add is great post. I did read the book but it was so long ago thanks for the comparisons.

The more I know of this religion the scarier it seems.

LITS

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

A great book, thanks for the reminder.

Near the start, Winston replaces unfavourable (ungood; even doubleplus ungood) content of a newspaper by writing fiction. Since reading on this site it reminds me of the "Andre" stories and wading through alligator infested swamps to attend meetings. . .

• ssn587
    ssn587

was enabled to enlighten an individual yesterday on some of the society's past, he was amazed at some of the things, didn't realize just how effed up they could really be and realizes that new light just means you have been teaching lies in the past. maybe the light is getting brighter in their head.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Wonder if 1984 is on any GB or writing dept book shelves?

I'd lay odds on it would be somewhere.

oz

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'1984' sums up the WTB$ perfectly.

I always found it ironic how Winston Smith worked for the 'ministry of truth'! 2 JW buzzwords.

How the WTB$ encourages hate is summed up by the '2 minute hate' against Goldstein.

How children would rat on their parents. Just like families are torn apart in the WTB$ for reporting things that their loved ones do that are seen as against the law of the GB who are deemed much higher than God.

I'm only surprised the novel doesn't contain the term 'apostate'!!

Tosses flipper a tasty fish!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit