Im being disfellowshipped

by newcomer1982 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• irondork
    irondork

Hate the fact my parents wont talk to me anymore. I hope they will still see their grandson though.

Tell the folks they are welcome to come over and visit THE FAMILY anytime. Don't be a party to the maddness of destroying a family.

• Lore
    Lore
    I hope they will still see their grandson though.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is confused by this. . .

• cptkirk
    cptkirk
    I hope they will still see their grandson though.

"I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is confused by this. . ."

is it me or does it seem like this site is under siege ? i havent been here that long, so i dont know what is normal and what isn't..

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am so sorry you are having to deal with the intolerance and unloving WTS. Perhaps you can let your parents know, you are not cutting them off. Inform them you love them, but you cannot accept the unloving ways of the WTS and you will teach your son unconditional love. Fortunately, you will be able to raise your son to have a free mind and heart, and to encourage him to have education. He will be able to have a normal, healthy childhood without living in fear, and organized sports if he wants and and happy times and to celebrate life.

Please stay on this site for support and for unlimited education of the real facts of the WTS. Please read books available about the WTS from those who have been there and have left the WTS and went on to have a good positive fulfilling life. Also, read books about high-mind control tactics. You need to read books and get informed to unravel the 'knots' that the WT creates in the minds of their people.

• nugget
    nugget

I am sorry to hear that you are to be disfellowshipped. I also took the decision not to attend my JC and was Df'd at the beginning of the year. Take each day as it comes, your parents have to make their own choices and not all will be good ones. I found that most people did choose to shun. I was hurt when my sister showed such passion for ensuring that everyone was aware of their duty to cut me from their lives but I also accepted that this was the cult influence.

You were under trial in a way that means nothing outside the narrow confines of the organisation. The process is designed to degrade and humiliate the individual whilst at the same time reinforcing the importance of the men who sit in judgement.

The important things are family and building a good life for your child don't worry about other people for now this is time to take a breath and process what has happened. It will get better but it may take time.

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

Would you mind my asking what your "crime" was? I'm not sure if you stated it elsewhere. I'm headed towards disfellowshipping. though no one knows it yet. I will lose everyone and everything. It will ruin my life when the news comes out. I wish you the absolute best and know that your certainly not alone here. :)

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

love is relative. better to give the family hard facts which show the true beginnings of this cult, and it's laughable (self proclaimed) status as "the truth". all you need is their past publications, and a little bit of sunshine, to reveal the truth, about "the truth".

what crime did you commit which requires a judiciary?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

sorry that they are hurting you! Good for you for NOT going! Who are they to judge you! This too will pass... not that it goes away. I feel your pain!

Take care of yourself and your Son

FS

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Sorry you are going through this. You know we are here for you...

• AnneB
    AnneB

Disfellowshipping is humiliating....for as long as *you* believe the elders have the right and the authority. Once you figure out that they're not special in the eyes of God and don't represent God or his "arrangement", you will begin to recover.

As for how people treat you, once you stop thinking you should cast your eyes down and cower in a corner, people will treat you pretty much the same as they treat anyone else. If they're nasty people they'll shun you to make themselves feel better, if they're good-hearted they'll treat you much as they always have, with love.

You're going to learn a lot from this experience and, as people have already said, a lot of us are here to help. Spend as much time as you need seeking support and don't feel that you're burdening anybody here, 'cause there are many to share the load.

Much love to you,

AnneB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit