• N.drew
    N.drew

If you ask me nice, I might tell you.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Are you sure you know?

• N.drew
    N.drew

ADA says I don't know, but sure, like you mean, if I was God?

I know I'm not God, I don't even look like Him. You know, with

like the three heads. +Yuck! What was the question? What am I on?

Earth, I am sure. OK, I know what you meant. The correct way to

look upon it (it being the question) is what am I out of.

Re-phrase it thus "Am I sure i know what I am out of?"

Yes, I am sure. I have to go now, I think my posts are over.

Being on probation is much better than being banished.

Am I imagining Bible Discussion Forum. Is it a real place?

ADA is there, that's why I'm not. ADA is a real person?

I think she's the Queen Dub. Sometimes I imagine I'm imagining the world.

What do you think?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    What do you think?

I think you just hijacked a pretty good thread for no good reason other than to babble.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hello, I felt insulted. You do not ask me "what do you mean?"

you say I have "no good reason". When you insult a person you

should be sure you mean what you say. Are you sure?

I believe in all things only Jehovah is "sure". So, no, I am

not sure that I want to talk to you at all. In fact whenever I talk about spirit

people do not know what I am saying. Why do I bother? I don't know.

But does anyone else think it is strange that people believe the Bible,

but don't want to know it? The argument (quarrel) has been going on for years

about how The Watchtower is wrong. Why does no one put side by side the

Harlot's translation next to the Society's translation? It's the same except

where Society doesn't want it to be. Why does the argument never stop?

Because you like to fight. That's what you do. Meaning you who fight.

Don't point out where I highjacked it, you might actually appear human.

I posted my rebuttal. http://thebibleismybestfriend.blogspot.com/2011/08/so-rude.html

• james_woods
    james_woods

Good Lord.

And it is especially sad that the original poster had a very good point, a pretty original one at that.

Which we have obviously lost due to the background noise.

• N.drew
    N.drew

I wish to defend myself. Not that it wouldn't be nice

to have a supporter. My family supports me, but no one else.

Like Noah?

http://thebibleismybestfriend.blogspot.com/2011/08/may-i-elaborate.html

• cedars
    cedars

N.drew - thanks you've made your point, we're sorry for offending you, but please accept some kind feedback that your comments make very little sense and bear little or no relation to this post and the topic being discussed. If your goal is to churn out indecipherable prose then surely you can do this on your own post and wait for a like-minded person to respond? Thanks.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Very good question, cedars.

Similar kinds of questions have popped into my mind in the past:

Is there any scriptural precedent whereby Jehovah deceives His faithful servants?

Does the God of Truth mislead the faithful with falsehoods?

Scriptures that have a bearing on this are:

- The account of wicked Ahab consulting 400 prophets about whether he should go into battle or not. All the prophets are saying, 'Yeah, go for it, you'll be fine.' However, Jehovah's prophet, Micaiah, tells Ahab the backstory to these other prophets' positive messages:

(1 Kings 22:20-23) And Jehovah proceeded to say, 'Who will fool A′hab, that he may go up and fall at Ra′moth-gil′e?ad?' And this one began to say something like this, while that one was saying something like that. Finally a spirit came out and stood before Jehovah and said, 'I myself shall fool him.' At that Jehovah said to him, 'By what means?' To this he said, 'I shall go forth, and I shall certainly become a deceptive spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.' So he said, 'You will fool him, and, what is more, you will come off the winner. Go out and do that way.' And now here Jehovah has put a deceptive spirit into the mouth of all these prophets of yours; but Jehovah himself has spoken calamity concerning you."

The point is that Jehovah fools those who are NOT His loyal servants.

- (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12) - But the lawless one's presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents and with every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

Again, God allows error to flourish among those who are NOT His servants.

So, a JW may trot out the line that past wrong ideas were allowed by God for a beneficial purpose (e.g. the Rom. 13 error enabled early JWs to remain neutral during the war years, or one could "praise the Lord for the mistake" of wrong expectations based on flawed prophetic understandings*), yet the JW needs to be concerned that, according to the Bible, God only allows His enemies to be deceived into having wrong ideas. But then the natural question follows, if God wasn't behind the mistakes after all, who was? And that's an uncomfortable series of thought processes a JW generally doesn't want to go down - until they are ready to face it.

* "The author acknowledges that in this book he presents the thought that the Lord's saints might expect to be with Him in glory at the ending of the Gentile Times. This was a natural mistake to fall into, but the Lord overruled it for the blessing of His people. The thought that the Church would all be gathered to glory before October, 1914, certainly did have a very stimulating and sanctifying effect upon thousands, all of whom accordingly can praise the Lord - even for the mistake." - Foreword to The Time is At Hand! (1916)

• N.drew
    N.drew

I am sorry. The question marks is what I was referencing "one less".

I won't be here long, because I get censored, but they who are worst than me do not.

It is the same on every forum.

Satan is a liar and the father of the lie. When ever in the Bible

that a lie was uttered, it was ALWAYS against the enemy (and they lie)

so a lie to the enemy is the messenger speaking their same language.

God never lies to the sheep. What I was saying is there can be a

convincing transition between "the Governing Body is the FDS" to

The Holy Spirit is the FDS. Because the Head of every man is the Christ

who is in association with the Holy Spirit. And then I was warning

people that to believe something is the same in the Bible as eating

and we are warned by the examlpe of Daniel and his friends not

to eat the delicacies of the king, (the king in this instance being

The Governing Body). Also Proverbs 23:1-3 6-8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit